Hoping someone can help?

BKR123

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I've recently had a MC but not sure how far gone I was. I started bleeding on the 25th April and had a positive test on the 26th. Bleeding continued for nearly 3 weeks and I was having repeated bloods 3 times a week to wait for my levels to drop. Bleeding stopped between weeks 3-4 but I was in a lot of pain, bad tummy and really sore boobs. I started bleeding again on the 19th May and had another blood test on the 20th - levels were still 17. Had more bloods on the 27th and they were finally at 5. However I'm still bleeding. When the MC was happening the bleeding wasn't heavy, but was painful and brown. This most recent bleed has been heavy and bright red.

I assumed this was my period but I don't know if I could have been as my levels weren't normal when it started?!

How long can I expect this to go on for? The hospital have discharged me now and I have no one else to ask..thanks ladies xx

Hmmmm. I'm not sure to be honest but didn't want to read and run. You can ov very quickly after a mc so it could be af, your first one after MC will be heavier. If it goes on much longer, go back to your doctor to be on the safe side xxxx

I would give it till Monday in case it is a period, if it's not stopped or at least slowing then I'd go back to your gp, you shouldn't bleed for that long hun. I'm so sorry for your loss xx

Sorry for your loss, I ovulated approx 23 days after D&C so approx 5 weeks after D&C my period arrived. I would visit your GP to get checked and also get your iron checked. Bleeding should not continue, even if it does stop I think a visit to your GP to get you back healthy is important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back