Homemade bread sticks

clairebear22

Reaction score
Hiya!

As some of you already know i'm a Childminder. I'm always trying to come up with healthy & nutritious snack/meals for my Squiggly's! :)

I kind of use them as little guinea pigs for when we have our own babies! :lol:

Anyway I love to cook and always try and make alteratives for sugar/salt/fat ladened food snacks.

I've just made my first batch of bread sticks for my youngest Squiggly who's 6 months and weaning.

I literally cut the crusts off of a bloomer loaf (not a sliced loaf) and chopped the middle of the bread into finger sized pieces (a bit like soldiers with boiled eggs) and put them in the oven on a low heat until they went hard and golden brown! Simples!

They can be saved in an air tight container for about a week. I'm planning on using them for my older Squiggly's too with dips and stuff!

I'm also going to make cheesy stars and my own yoghurt later!

Just wondering if anyone else wants to share their homemade snack/meal ideas??

xxx

I make homemade chicken nuggets-take chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces, roll in flour, dip in egg then into a breadcrumb and sesame seed mixture and bake in the oven. Absolutely delicious!

We also do our own pizzas, I do two different types-a regular pizza and a pizza baguette. The regular pizza you can either make or buy the base, spread tomato passata or purée on the base then have a selection of toppings in bowls for the kids to choose from and let them top their own pizza. The baguette one all you do differently is buy or make the French baguette. Cook in the oven.

I make lots of different types of bread too.

I cut a muffin in half, put some tinned chopped tomatoes on it, sprinkle grated cheddar on top and grill until the cheese has melted!! The kids love them and so does my OH lol

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back