• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Home birth

Oliver's mummy

Reaction score
hi girls :D

i was just wondering to all who have had home births or thinking of one, what sort of things did/ do you need, things like towels etc.

Will post in Ask a mum too.

Any help appreciated :hug:

Plastic sheeting. Worth getting 2 big sheets - we used B&Q value tarpalene as we had one which we had used once over our purgula, for a BBQ. I couldn't stand to be lying back but they kept wanting me to lie back so that could check on things. So the sheet end up on the bed and there wasn't anything protecting the carpet. We must get around to replace the carpet :rotfl: as the stains didn't quiet come out (don't worry we weren't worried about the carpet as we were planning on replacing it sooner, we didn't because I was planning on a home birth).

sandwiches / Snacks / chocolates etc in the fridge for the midwifes and your OH.

hi, i planned to have a homebirth, but ended up having to go to hospital!

My midwife gave me a list of things id need for a homebirth

old towels and sheets

plastic sheeting or bubble wrap (the noise is comical, but it does stop you slipping!)

warm towels and clothes for the baby (we left these in the airing cuboard)

an angle lamp if you have one

LOADS of tea for the midwifes and biscuits

you also need to have your hospital bags packed incase you need to go in (like i did!)

there might be other things but i cant remember

also make sure you have a tens machine, mine was a god send

x x x

The other handy thing about having a hospital bag packed, is even if you don't have to go in, you have everything you need in one place so you don't end up hunting around for it. I hope you get your home birth, it is well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back