Birth centre

hedgehog2000

Reaction score
Hi, I have planned to have my baby in the local Consultant led unit ( 1st baby). However, recently I've been thinking about our local birth centre. I guess the only thing that put me off it the absence of an epidural if I want one. I have total confidence in the midwives and my current MW works full time at the Birth Centre. Anyone used a BC ? What were your experiences

Loved MLU was fantastic - so friendly and relaxed - hubby could stay as long as he wanted - had our own double room and the help and guidance is amazing - much more focussed.

I was gutted as i had to transported to the CLU near the end as LO was unhappy and i was knackered. Hated it - they were understaffed and unattentive which i found really upsetting as a first time mum.

That said i know other CLUs that treat mums like queens - depends on your area i suppose. If you're low risk go for the MLU - you can always be taken to CLU if things go pear shaped.

Hope that helps x

Soz didn't make that too clear - hubby and i had our own double room - most MLUs are the same - my friend is opting for one in the south west that they call the Honiton Hilton. The MLUs are luxurious just because they are so relaxed and if its newly refurbished with all the mod cons its a bonus- check it out at least

Juz x

By the way i was at LLandough if thats where you'd be heading hun - it was awesome - the mw's fantastic - can't rave about it enough x

It sounds perfect! But ill be having mine in the Uni hospital cardiff (heath hospital) as its 5 mins away from my house. I think theres a MLU there now isnt there? Going to have to find out about it :D

Oh yeah sorry hun - forgot about that one. My friend was supposed to go there but she's being induced tomorrow so has to go to Heath CLU.

MLU there is lovely though and i suppose the bonus is that there'd be no mad ambulance dash across Cardiff if there was an emergency.

I ended up in Heath CLU - wasn't great probably because i had experienced the MLU for 12hrs! The wards on CLU are rank too - i couldn't get out of there fast enough!

I know what you mean, I got induced there when pregnnat with zack, couldnt stand it, the toilets were horrible. I took loads of baby wipes and used them to clean myself as I hated the sight of the bath and shower. Really couldnt stand going there again :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back