Holly Kate Walton - born 9/1/08

rachie29

Reaction score
well my little lady decided to arrive 9 days early in the end.

I went to bed on Tuesday night after having had mild period pains that evening. OH was on a nightshift, typical. I woke up at 2am with the urge for the loo. Got back into bed and felt a very funny grinding feelng then a trickle.... got straight out of bed and my waters went with a gush.

OH came home and we headed to the hospital where they found I was 2cm dilated. It was decided not to send me home but to go to the antenatal ward and wait for the contractions to kick in. By 7am they had started in earnest and I was back on the delivery suite. We motored along quiet nicely with gas and air and by 12pm was at 7cm... then it got tricky. I got stuck at 7cm and by this time was in agony so I opted for an epidural. This turned out to be the right move with hindsight! I got my epidural at 2.30pm and apparently invited the anaesthitist home!!!!

I was checked regularly and by 8pm was told to start pushing, but then it got problematic. It was discovered my cervix had not effaced properly and although i was at 10cm the baby was in a very awkward position and was not moving down the birth canal effectively enough. I asked them not to top up the epidural so i could feel more and managed to get her a bit further down. By this point the doctor had been called because Hollys heart rate had decelerated and they told me they were going to give me a hand with the delivery using the ventouse. They moved pretty quickly and after the ventouse was fitted, an episiotomy and 3 pushes later Holly came into the world with a very loud cry.

She was given straight to me for a quick cuddle then was checked over by the doctors. She weighed 6ld 11oz and is absolutely perfect.

I will get some pics on as soon as I can...

congrats...... born on my birthday too :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

what a time u had....but massive congratulations :cheer: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back