• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hoarse sounding or vocal change

Sherlock

Reaction score
Not sure if this is health or general but I'll stick it here for now :)

Galen sounds hoarse today. Not croaky, more gruff, deeper sounding. He is usually very chatty and talks lots with me but today has not really done so. He has cried and grizzled and made some of his happy noises but nowhere near as many. And all the while he sounds hoarse.

He seems fine otherwise. No temp, no runny nose, feeding well and is happy as usual. A bit of wind pain as is normal for him.

Is it possible his voice is changing sound or more likely to be hoarse and have a possible sore throat? Anyone else noticed their LO's voices change around 12 weeks of age? :think:

not too sure but funnily enough my LO has been sounding really hoarse when she's been talking to me for the last couple of days - she's not been grumpy though :think:

OK he is really hoarse now. I guess it may be the start of a cold. Poor mite sounds so odd.

Mine has a croaky voice but also a cold/cough and I don't think it helps that she cries like a magpie. Made her voice funny this week.

He slept his longest sleep last night from 8pm till 5.30am :shock: He then fed and slept on till almost 9am :shock:

He was even more hoarse when he woke and still sounds funny now. He does have a stuffy nose that came on overnight and after he went back down at 6am I put a pillow under his mattress to keep him up a little.

He feels warm on and off but so far the thermometer does not read he is running a temp. He's feeding well and a bit chatty and awake now so shall not worry. Hopefully it will pass in a few days and he'll be back to his usual chatty self :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back