Antibiotics or not?

kellie80

Reaction score
Aimee has been quite ill for about 3 days. I wasn't going to take her the doctors as i thought it must just be a cold and i know theres nothing they can do. We had another sleepless night last night with her sounding awful, her throat sounds really sore and when she cries she sounds like a dog barking. She keeps getting a temperature and she is off her food so i decided to take her to GP today just to be sure. He asked her to say ahhh and open her mouth :doh: as if! Well when she wouldn't open her mouth he just perscribed her antibiotics anyway. I'm don't like giving antibiotics for no reason but now i have them and i still don't know if she needs them :wall: Does it sound like she needs them? I'm unsure.

does she sound bubbly? like theres phlegm wobbling around when she breathes or does she sound dry? how bad is the temp? is she any better or getting worse?

yer she does sound ill enough for them hun.

I know u mean about the medication, i gave ellis medised tonight which i hate doing cos u never REALLY know how ill they are.

xxxxx

No she doesn't sound bubbly its just all in her throat and her temp is going up quite high but its coming down with calpol. Its just so hard trying to figure out how ill they actully are isn't it. GP was bloody useless!

did he listen to her chest? i took Dior and Harley they have a awfull cough they wont sleep its a nightmare. the doc listened to the chest an said there in no crackling :? so its not a chest infection. there is just flem in the chest which will run course. and said anti B wont help it Dior and Harley have got worse but still they wont give any.
my brother is 5 he went the other day they looked in his throut said his glandes were swallon and gave him anti b

did they listen to her chest? if shes not bubbly and dr said chest was clear i would probably leave the anti bs and stick with calpol and see how she goes. theres so many coughy cold things going around at the mo nathan has caught one after another

Yeah he listened to her chest and looked in her ears and said they were clear. Just can't see how he decided she needed antibiotics without lookin at her throat. I've had a sore throat and ear for about 4 weeks but its not bothering me that much. I'm just wondering if shes caught it of me just a lot worse. Its the first time shes been ill really.

i know its awful but hes probably given you the anti bs to cover himself, its really difficult to judge without seeing her and its up to you,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back