Hmmm. Thinking i am already fatter than i should be!!

eliffant

Reaction score
Hello all,

Am new to this so bear with me! I am 8 weeks gone and had a nasty experience with a tape measure earlier. All vital stats the same except stomach which has swelled by a massive 2 and 1/2 inches already. Can someone tell me if this is normal or am I gestating an elephant? Normally I am on the slim side, not sure if that makes a difference!

thanx
xxx

I am only about 10-11 weeks. I have already started showing--in the matter of about the last two weeks. You will go from nothing to big belly in no time. All I seem to be able to do when I am at home is to sit and watch it or rub it--trying to watch it grow I guess!! My tape measure says that around my belly right now is about 43-44 inches. Well, I guess I will just get big the next few months and be happy. I have not been big during pregnancy before. Can't wait to see what it is really like!!!

I think the key thing is that you are gaining weight, this means your baby is growing!

The main thing to remember is that the baby doesn't grow at the same rate continuously, and that not all your weight gain is baby, a lot of it is preparing your body for when the baby is born, like for breast feeding!

Unless you are eating huge amounts compared to before you became pregnant I wouldn't worry about it.

Oh and remember that breast feeding uses between 450/700 calories a day, so that's why you put on weight around your bum/hips etc.

im 10 weeks tomorrow and already have a lil protruding tummy. I have looked it up on the net and in all my books and it can be from blaoting and from your uterus growing and pushing out your bowels and bladder (lovely lol) I find I get bigger as the day goes on. Then in a couple of weeks the uterus pops out of the pelvis and off we go!
I also read that from 8 weeks on we should all expect to start loosing our waists!
Ive just spent 6 months loosing 3 and half ston.. and i cant wait to get fat again!!!
Like a previous poster said it all good signs coz it shows the baby is growing! :p

I am only 6 weeks so I am not showing yet, but Im looking forward to looking pregnant, I think then it will all become a lot more real to me!

Natalie :D

Hi guys.

I am only 5 weeks and I cannot get into any of my "going out" trousers! I went on a family day out yesterday to Chessington World of Adventures and wore my first pair of maternity trousers that my sister bought for me on saturday! lol (size 8 by the way) hee hee

My belly does get bigger all day though and is smaller in the mornings like julie said.

I love it!!!!! Can't wait to be massive :)

lou

hi i have started to notice my belly is getting rounder and harder at the sides and top, mostly during the night and first thing in a morning. i am 8 weeks + 3 days.
i went to Topshop on tuesday and tried some maternity jeans on and they are so comfy! will invest in some when i get paid on the 18th. how cool is this too... all the fashion in the high street is floaty skirts (all elasticated waistbands!!!) and baggy tops for summer so we dont have to fork out loads for maternity clothes for summer and we can still look trendy (not like we are wearing tents, as my mum put it when she was pregnant!). cant wait for summer when i can sit outside a trendy bar and drink...orange juice, cos people will be able to tell im prenant then!
anyway gona enjoy my time off work this week as they sent me home for feeling sick and crying!

Lisa and baby bump x

I'm into my second trimester (19+1) and my tummy is now very round. I bought my first maternity stuff about four weeks ago and its soooo comfy. However, I'm finding people looking at my tummy as if they want to ask "when is it due" but still a little afraid to ask because at the moment it looks like I have a little pot belly rather than full-on pregnant. Ha ha! I want to tell them all! :lol:

Hi OverTheMoon,

thanks for making me laugh! That's so cute, I can just imagine people looking at you and you bursting to tell them :). I've only told my Mum and Dad so far as I'm waiting until 12 weeks and of course you can't tell by looking at me or anything- I'm so full of a happy secret that I feel I could burst!

I'm only 11 weeks now and am usually a size 8-10. I must admit I'm finding myself squeezing into some of my clothes already although I have been eating like a horse - is that normal?!!

Glad the warmer weather is coming when I can get into some loose floaty skirts and sandals!!

yay, i'm not alone am 12 weeks and already can't fasten trousers and i had 2 buy maternity top as i usually wear little t-shirts, no chance of that now.
Asda do some nice cheap maternity stuff

I was unable to wear normal clothes from 6 weeks. I felt really silly telling my friends that my jeans/bras/knickers no longer fit etc.
The midwife said I had just probably put weight on, I wasn't impressed since I really worked hard to keep it down.
Then a scan revealed two babies, so I don't care now, just as long as they are ok.
I'm wearing maternity gear at 9 weeks.
Cx

wow 2 babies?? funnily enough i have had that suggested by family and friends this week... I have a scan on Tusday so i guess I'll find out!
Did you have string symptoms? do you have any twins in the family? sorry for the questions but im intrigued! Congratulations!

I had absolutely no idea.
Twins have skipped 3 generations on my paternal side, none of our living family have twins or are a twin. As it's a clomid induced pregnancy I suspect it's more the drugs.
I'm not suffering morning sickness, just nausea on and off. Mostly when faced with anything I'm normally not keen on. The sight or smell of raw meat, cat food etc all make me feel queasy.
The only giveaway clues were that I tested positive on day 27 of my cycle, which could be indicative of a higher Hcg level, ie twice as much as normal.
And the immediate weight gain round my middle. Otherwise, I was convinced there was only one.
There's nothing else which would have even suggested I was pregnant really, I already have backache but that's kinda normal for me. My chest is sore but again, that's normal at the time of the month.
I'm shattered all the time and can easily sleep 14 hours out of 24 and I crave anything with vinegar in. Salt n vinegar crisps, vinagrette salad dressing, pickled onions and pickled beetroot. That's been around since I was only a couple of weeks pg.
I'm happy, always loved the idea of twins.
So, maybe for some of you - that will be the reason for your expanding middle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back