• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hips :-(

Niknak

Reaction score
Anyone else had sore hips? Im pretty active so don't think it's from doing nothing but got woken up for the second night in a row last night with pain in my hip (the side I was lying on) so rolled over and then got woken up a bit later with pain from the other hip! Really uncomfortable :shock: Anyone had a similar thing or got any tips to make it less painful? I usually sleep on my front so have never had this problem before x

Havnt had the same, but hope u go to doctors and get help for it to make it more manageable x

I have aches in my knees and the doc said it was coz of the ligaments softening. Think it is normal but go to the docs if it gets too bad as they may be able to help with the pain. Have you tried using support pillows? They do help me I find!!
xx

Me! And it's horrible hun so I sympathise with you. I've been signed off for two weeks cos I was in agony and couldn't walk! I'm much better now because I've been resting but I've got to be careful, got physio on Thursday so I'll let you know what they say - might be able to pass on some of the exercise that could help. Xx

Yeah iv had this, apparently its fairly common , I was refered to physio cos i allready have hip problems but she said its normal to happen even if you dont have problems to start with, I was advised to only exercise a max of 3 times a week for no longer than 30 mins at a time and nothing too strenuous

Maybe call your mw and see if they have a maternity physio they can refer you to

i get aches in whichever side im trying to sleep on. also getting more or less constant ache in my lower left back and hip sometimes shooting into my leg a bit and everything clicks when i get up lol. i duffed up the bottom of my back years ago so im expecting it to get worse, right now its bearable, just heading into the stage where it will start making me limp soon. back and bum seize up when i sit down lol

I usually sleep on my front, but now that I'm trying to sleep on my sides my hips are killing me, especially the left side and my lower back :'(

Just started getting some hip pain this week - especially when I've been sitting a while and then get up!

Thanks so much everyone - as much as I don't want anyone else to feel this pain it's nice to know im not the only one! I will see how things go this week and if I am still struggling then I will go to midwife/doc. A friend of mine is a physio (lives miles away unfortunately) and she said the same thing about the lignin in the muscles making things more flexible and in turn more painful which is a pain. I use a maternity pillow but she suggested using another one between my knees as well so will give that a go tonight so fingers crossed. Hope you all get a good nights sleep too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back