HIP Grant - Updated!

Mervs Mum

Reaction score
How do I do to get it? I've had my MATB1 but I forgot to ask about the HIP grant. I dont see the MW again till 28wks and I think I can apply at 25.

I'd like to spend mine on hypnobirthing classes :)

Last edited:
I was advised to ring my doctor surgery as they had the forms, I rang and explained I was 25 weeks etc they told me I could come down and collect it, fill it out and leave it at reception and it would be given to the doctor to sign and I could pick it up the next day.. I thought I would have had to make an app with my doctor or midwife, but it was really that simple

I got mine off my MW last time but i imagine it can be left on reception for you xx

I didnt get one with Hebe...it came in too late :(

mamafy arent yours too old for the hip grant? or is it different where you are?!

i had a mw appt at 26 weeks i think, around then anyway, and i got it all signed and stuff then and popped it in the post. tbh i didnt even know i'd got it til i checked my bank account about a month after it had gone it, somoene had opened the letter and not told me!!

No I never got that one :shakehead:

Got the other one because of the working tax credit :D

Its a maternity grant, we didn't think we'd get it but we did :D

lisa you'll have way too many pennies for it!! you've got to be getting JSA, IS or child tax credit at the higher rate, or somethin!! i've just applied, not sure if i qualify, but i hope so!!

Oh and also, I didn't need my MATB1 until I was getting my surestart grant (£500) xx

You can get your HIP grant from MW at your 28 week appointment, or possibly you could pick it up from your docs once you're over 25 weeks. They can't sign the forms before the 25 week mark because 24 weeks is the abortion limit. (I asked my MW why it was so late into pregnancy). I've heard loads of people say they got theirs really quick, I've not heard yet but apparently they have a huge backlog at the minute from those postal strikes. xx

I am going to use mine towards my pram. My hubby just finished painting the nursery, we had the M&P Barnaby Bear stuff from my daughter, but it has now been discontinued, but managed to find 3 rolls of the wallpaper border on ebay :dance: got them all for £20. They used to be a rotten £15 a roll. So this time round the nursery has cost £20 :dance:. Plus a new cot mattress and moses basket mattress which I havent got yet. Happy Days for being a second timer lol xx

Update

I thought I'd ring up and check what I needed to do. My GP pointed me at the MW so I called them and miraculously they answered! :lol: The MW said that either the GP or the MW has to sign the form so you have to make an appointment with them once you hit 25 weeks. I've managed to get one for next weds lunchtime so I'll be able to pop in, get it signed and get it posted off. I keep reading about long back logs so I didnt want to wait till my 28wk appointment in January really.

im going to ask at my 26 week appointment, hopefully i can get it then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back