high colestorol

roseanimal

Reaction score
I don't have it but hubby found out today that he does. His doc basically said see what happens and see if it lowers itself but I'd rather know what food are best to avoid. Anyone have this and can tell me? Obviously high fat take-aways etc but anything in a normal diet I might not think about?

I dont have high cholesterol but work in Occupational health advising people often about theirs. He would need to avoid any fatty meats and cut off any visable fat. Avoid all fried food and full fat dairy - especially cheese. Alcohol affects it too so is best reduced. And avoid or really cut down on all junk food and processed food- biscuist,crisps, ready meals etc.

thanks so much. he'll have to cut down on red meat a bit but he doesn't eat that much of it. fried food - think he might sneak some at lunch at work from time to time but he rarely gets any at home. Same with biccies and crisps - we never have any. I reckon his big one to give up is cheese -he has cheese on/in everything!! :roll:

he doesn't drink at all so that wont be a problem.

The other thing is the body makes cholesterol too so if his diet is good but it doesnt come down it might be a genetic type.

he's getting checked again in 3 months to check if it is genetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back