Hi there ..new to forum and confused..older mum?

jerzygurl

Reaction score
Hi Ladies..just found this forum and looks like a nice place :)

Heres my story in Short..last year i found out i was pregnant after 19 yrs !huge shock ..wed just gotten used to the idea ..and as my husband left the country to finish up some work ..i went to my hospital appointment..he wanted to do a scan ..i didnt my bf wasnt there !!The doc did the scan ...and then my world fell apart..my lil blessing had died..id had a missed misscarriage..i was 11 weeks on :sad:..The rest of the day was a blur and with my bf out the country i went on to misscarry alone a few days later..i cant tell you how i felt or feel now..i have some good days some bad ..some really bad..im not even sure im out of the numb phase..
I never thought id have any more..never really wanted any more..was happy wth my two grown up children and my beautiful grandaughter...and now?my now husband..we tried...last month...weve been having unprotected sex since he returned..n my monthly returned back to normal after the m/c...and now? now im late....and i dont know how i feel ....ive gone through the cant look at women pregnant or talk about it..not even women on eastenders!..to having tripolar moods with my husband because he wont talk ...am i still just mourning the last baby ..*shrugs*..im rambling here ladies im sorry ...but thing is..
I am late now..my last period was Dec 12th..i dont keep track but i thinkkkk i should of been on last week..so now im days late and we did a test..3 infact all negative...whats goin on?..ive felt poorly last week ..raging headaches..tired...tummy cramps...backache....isnt it weird ..last year when i didnt know i was pregnant didnt notice a thing cept my boobs getting massive n even then just thought i was putting on weight!!..and now every lil twinge is...am i pregnant!!:wall2::wall2:
my midwife was so great told me "lots are havign babies in their 40s"..the doc at the hopsital however was...did i really want it? was i thinking what i was doing etc etc n made me feel awful :(......i have high blood pressure and im 41 now and im worrid what people will say n think and .....HELPPPP!!!
Im not sure theres a *worse* point to all this but...my lil blessing was due feb 25th..a year to the day mum died ...im really struggling right now :(

Hi. I am really really sorry to hear you are going through a hard time. Nothing anyone says will make you feel better. But you have definitely come to the right place, so many nice people here trying to make you feel slightly happier and more hopeful. And your midwife was right, there are a lot of women having their babies in their late 30s-40s so you do definitely have a chance. Hope it's all gonna get better for you soon x

Exactly! I know it's hard to stay positive at times and it is ok to be upset and cry as long as you can pick yourself up and see the bright side again. It is the 21st century, you have got every chance to have a baby, get busy girl ;)

Hey Jerzygurl, I am trying for a baby now, and mum of three older ones, so I am also an older mum, I will be 37 this year, and I think that's just fine.

Keep chirpy, as Berrit87 said - think positive, get baby making, and come and join me in the older mums club! - JJ

my mum was 37 when she had my little sister and she had high blood pressure ect ect and she has a lovely pregnancy and birth :)
i wouldnt worry, good luck!
xxx

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

First of all you are never too old to do anything, especially not to have babies, yes there is a certain point (which would be beyond 50 years old) but you are still young at heart and I suggest to start :bd: and you never know your luck maybe in there in a month or so lol

Just be yourself and do what's right for you and what you want! :)

All the luck in the world to you.

Donna xx

No-one one should feel they are too old to have a baby, well unless you're drawing your pension and I think you are a loooooong way off this! I really hope you feel better soon and also get the result that you want. Im really sorry about your mc, must have been such an awful thing to endure after such a surprise. I wish you well and good luck with everything. Cherie Blair was 45 when she had her last baby so take her as an example xx

I'm 36 and have a 16 year old, and it has never crossed my mind that im too old.

I will keep everything crossed for you :hug:

Well my grandparents were in their forties when they had my mum, the last of three (now in her late fifties) so it's not such a new thing!!!! Is there any counselling available to you and your OH? I have never had an mc so I can only imagine the devastation that it causes, especially having to go through it alone. Maybe there is a way for both of you to talk your feelings, fears and wishes through, TTC again isn't about forgetting!! :hug:

My nana was 40 when she had my mum and she went on to have another one too! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back