Hi, Jenny here. Newly pregnant, feeling very fish-out-of-water.

Jenny Wright

Reaction score
Hey gals.

I never thought I'd be posting here, but I'm pregnant now (a month or so in) and I'm feeling quite... fish-out-of-water, I guess. I've always wanted children and this one was planned, but I'm just not prepared for how it would make me feel.

Guess I just want some guidance? Help? Resources, maybe?

Anyway, glad to be meeting you.

Hi Jenny (from another Jenny)!

I don’t think anything can prepare you for how that positive test will make you feel! We tried to conceive for over 2 years with our son and still my first feeling in seeing those two lines was overwhelming.

What’s your due date? Best advice would be to join the group for same month in the Tri 1 forum. It’s so good to have others at a similar stage to talk to!
Good luck x

Hi another Jenny!

Thank you for your kind words. It certainly is a positive feeling, though I will be lying if I didn't admit a certain amount of unease. Any advice about that?

My due date is around late March/early April? April 9th is the definitive date that was given me, but I am not gonna count that as a firm one.

Also, if you could guide me to the right group, or at least where I can find it, I'd be very grateful.

Last edited:
Hey Jenny, you’ll be joining our group over at April 2021 Mummies (which can be found in first trimester forums). I’m due April 5th, you’ll be due to hit 11 weeks soon? If that’s so you’re over 2 months in :). It can be scary, this is my second, planned and I was definitely overwhelmed seeing that BFP. I hope you’re feeling okay, you should pop over to our forum and have a read through, it might comfort you to know a lot of ya have gone through everything you’re feeling or going through at the moment x

I had been trying for 5 years to conceive and with the help of fertility treatment I got my BFP. I was totally overwhelmed and even though I’d wanted this for so long, I felt unnerved and that I wasn’t ready to be a mum! I felt like this probably until about 30 weeks! But meeting my little human was surreal and all the doubts and feeling unnerved were replaced by an overwhelming love for this little person I had created xxx

Hey guys, thank you for the support. And Ktpotatie, you're right. I am two months in, but I guess I'm not used to that yet. There are still alarm bells going off in my head screaming "you're pregnant! you're pregnant!". Like I said, I am very happy, but there is some unease.

I'm going to join the April 2021 Mummies group now and hopefully start calming my ass down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back