Heyah!!!

Applecider

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I got my BFP yesterday, 2-3 weeks on a digi very excited! Just popping in to say hi really! :wave:

Im 28,this will be our first baby and we are SUPER DUPER HAPPY!!

Just a few questions really if anyone can answer?

I wanted to know, 2 days ago I had the most painful cramps mainly at night for 2 days. They seem alot better today. Is this normal?

Also what happens now???? I am gonna phone doc on monday do they send you for tests and when is the first scan.

Im so nervous but its a happy nervous.

Im so happy for maybe :cheer: who got her BFP on the same day. Its great to see mustard, LoopyLou, samsgirl, esperanza and nurse here too who had their BFPs not long ago too!! Ive been chatting to these ladies for while now :) thanks for all ur support thru TTC!

I have told my mum, dad, bro, OH's mum n dad, and my nanna and grandad and my auntie who im ver close too and shes a nurse. It seems like a lot of people but i see them almost every day and it would be impossible to hide anything to them!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: This is one happy lady

xx

Last edited:
congrats :yay:

i cant tell you about the cramps as ive not had any, but with regard to what happens next - call the doctors and, depending on where you live, they will either see you and refer you to the midwife, or you will need to to a self referral to the midwife like i had to.

as to the first scan, it depends. i had an early scan at 8 weeks as i had no idea how far gone i was and i was worried about it being ectopic as i have problems with my tubes. that is somethin you will need to speak to the doctor about, as if you dont have any issues, the first scan will be your 12 weeker xx

well done hun congrats. The post above was well informative. Have a happy and healthy 9months

hey sweetie...

dont worry about cramps....totally normal..sometimes dull, sometimes sharp...best bit of advice just walk a bout a bit and that tends to ease them.

it's just your womb stretching for baby :)

your doc will help you arrange a booking in appt with your midwife, which happens about 10 weeks and then she will arrange your first scan at around 12 weeks...

xxxx

Hello BFP buddy!

Good questions and great advice girls, thanks!

xx

congrats to you this is my first too, I get crampy quite a bit but it is fairly normal kinda like period pains on and off. Seeing as I have no sickness it is a reminder I actually am pregnant hehe.

Thats true!! So glad u lot are here to chat to! xx

Congrats!! i had cramps a lot, not as bad as period pains but similar but apparently thats completely normal!
what do all the abbreviations mean? i see a lot of people use them but i feel i am outside of a secret club haha i get OH is other half but don't really get the rest, please help :)

Congrats!! i had cramps a lot, not as bad as period pains but similar but apparently thats completely normal!
what do all the abbreviations mean? i see a lot of people use them but i feel i am outside of a secret club haha i get OH is other half but don't really get the rest, please help :)

Hi Rosey, theres a post explaining them here: http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum-support/111142-abbreviations-lingo-explained.html
I have to keep reading it when i find something new i don't understand!! :D

Congrats applecider!!! :hugs: i've had loads of cramps, can get pretty bad too, it seems like they're normal though, panicked me at first! apparently it's everything stretching out though :D
I phoned my doc and they arranged my first midwife appointment for when I'm 10 weeks, which will be to do lots of paperwork, arranging dates for all my appointments until the birth (!) and will have blood tests and urine tests. may even get to hear the heartbeat! :D then the first scan should be at 12 weeks :)

hope that helps a bit, and congrats again!! so happy for you x x x

Hey all :) everything is good so far doc can't see me for another week! :( wish it could be a lil sooner! I haven't had as much pain now!! If anyone had a period style cramping that was quite painful will u let me know?

I'm just getting that stitch type pain now :( and always hungry! Haha! Xx

Ps - Lou! It's not quite sunk in yet!! Xx

I had cramping that hurt it's just ligaments adjusting etc xxx

Thanks Vicky! Hope u are well! It's mainly the cramping and stitch and constant need to wee! I'm really nervous about this! The cramping comes And goes n seems to be alot better when I've been to the toilet TMI sorry!!

It was quite painful on 15-16 dpo but has settled to uncomfortable xx

Thanks Vicky! Hope u are well! It's mainly the cramping and stitch and constant need to wee! I'm really nervous about this! The cramping comes And goes n seems to be alot better when I've been to the toilet TMI sorry!!

It was quite painful on 15-16 dpo but has settled to uncomfortable xx

Hey Apple, very nice to see you in here. I got cramps all the time for the first few weeks but they seem to have settled down now (also got quite a bit of wind, TMI, in the first few weeks which a mistook for uterus cramps a few times).:oops:
I didn't see gp for 2 weeks after I got my BFP but to be honest they didn't do anything except refer me to midwife who I see for my booking in appt this Thursday and my first scan is at 12 weeks.

MUSTARD!!!!! U make me feel so much better thanks chic! I think I also have a wind problem.... sorry TMI but I cant tell the difference between the 2!!

I also had a stitch that hurt a bit did u? Thanks for asking the question bout the DR ive just asked that in the other thread ha! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back