Hey I didn't know she did this!!

Annie050408

Reaction score
I've just been in to check Ella and found her doing this:

52848b9a-7333-5928.jpg

DH and I have never seen her sucking her thumb only shoving fingers/ fist in her mouth for teething.

Perhaps this is why she sleeps 12 hours each night as clearly she seems able to self sooth!

Just out of interest, how many of your LOs suck their thumbs and when did they start?

So sweet :cloud9: Both my boys used to suck their thumbs when they were little - probably started when they were a few months old, but they both stopped after a few months x

Aww bless her! I would love it if Drake did this to self soothe at night!

Out of interest, what tog is that sleeping bag? Do you use any blankets on top too? How warm is her room? Sorry for loads of questions!

awwh thats is so sweet, Aoibheann does it occasionally and has done since 5 months . Mostly if she is having a difficult night ?

amelia ahas been a thumb finger anything sucker lol since birth we have encouraged her to use a dummy but that in itself is a pain at night if she loses it she looks so cute!!

She looks so sweet Hun! Tegan hasn't found her thumb yet, Not as far as i know anyway x

My nell was/is a thumb sucker and started at a couple of months. She's 4 now and still does it in bed and when she's tired. I think it's so cute.

I wish Oscar would do it cos he won't self sooth at all. Unless I sit him in front of the tumble dryer,,,,

Aww bless her! I would love it if Drake did this to self soothe at night!

Out of interest, what tog is that sleeping bag? Do you use any blankets on top too? How warm is her room? Sorry for loads of questions!

That's actually a soft pair of dungarees as I had done a big wash of all her grow bags. She also sleeps with a fleece blanket and a light baby quilt from her waist down and her room is normally at 18degrees. X

Aww that's adorable! I can't wait till Lizzie finds her thumb, she loves her dummy but it falls out every 5 seconds! At the moment she just sucks her fist but occasionally sticks her finger down her throat and ends up choking :S

5219da7a-070f-792b.jpg
5219da7a-0720-1f09.jpg

SNAP!! Emily is always sucking her thumb if she is tired. Very rarely goes to sleep if it's not in her mouth xxx

Awww bless! Ella sometimes sucks her thumb- more now that her tongue tie has been cut! I usually give her a dummy tho cos my brother sucked his thumb for years and found it really hard to stop. It is very cute when they do it though :)

Sofia sucked her thumb when she was about 30 minutes old! Every now and then she does it and she's just over 2 weeks old! Little monkey! X

Maisie was born sucking her thumb :) and does it every now and then

My Grace was a finger sucker! She had a dummy up until about 3 months maybe less then moved onto this! I was happier with this as she rejected the dummy and could easily settle herself to sleep, always slept through from 6 weeks old. She finally grew out of this around 18 months and stopped doing it completely. I have so many pictures of her like this:

5e0edf35-498d-855a.jpg

5e0edf35-499b-ef02.jpg

5e0edf35-49a9-e516.jpg

5e0edf35-49bb-39ba.jpg

We always knew when she was ready for nap time as fingers went in mouth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back