hes waking all through the night

foxymum

Reaction score
OMG the last few weeks have been like having a newborn again, Louie is in a cot at the end of our bed (coz theres no room for it to be next to our bed) everytime his dummy falls out, hes crying till we put it back in :roll:

sometimes it falls out on the floor, so we are searching in near dark on our hands & knees for a friggin dummy. he ends up in our bed coz its easier than getting out of bed 10 times a night & i'm not jokin saying 10 times, i dread going to bed & hubby keeps threatening to sleep downstairs.

help :pray:
i could sellotape it across his face :think: :wink:

i've been havin this problem.... i watched keeley a couple of nights ago.... i out her in her cot and within minutes she has reached and taken the dummy out of her month :twisted:

i know just put it back in once then try to ignore her.... do louie wake up completley? he could be doin the same thing?

yes he does seem to take it out accidentaly too, hes sound asleep till we go up , then he starts to get restless & then when the dummys out he doesn't wake completely, his eyes are normally still shut, but he will whinge till its put back in :roll:
what can we do about our little rascals then?! we will have to try & wean the dummy from them, but they're such a good comfort for them :think:

i think keeley just likes being in my bed with me cos when my ex first left i used to let her sleep with me.... now when she comes in the bed she has to stroke my head... i think she thinks she's mummy :lol:

aw thanks hun :hug:
still can't believe our lil babies are 6 months old already :shock: :cry:

foxymum said:
yes he does seem to take it out accidentaly too, hes sound asleep till we go up , then he starts to get restless & then when the dummys out he doesn't wake completely, his eyes are normally still shut, but he will whinge till its put back in :roll:
what can we do about our little rascals then?! we will have to try & wean the dummy from them, but they're such a good comfort for them :think:

You say that when hes in bed on his own he sleeps fine, and then you go up hes restless, could you possibly put him in his own room? maybe that would then not wake him? :think:

Sorry I don't know alot about your situation so it may not be possible, but I would of thought maybe trying something like that may stop him waking?

Just an idea :D

hiya, no we have to have an extension in the summer coz we have 4 kids & 3 bedrooms!!!!
he just woke crying now & the dummy had fallen out, so hubby put it back & hes asleep again :doh:
i think its that he sleeps soundly for a few hours then he starts to get restless, we don't disturb him atall, lights always off, we whisper!! & are really quiet coz we know hes a bugger & will wake up!

don't know what to do???
:hug:

I don't know if you can get them in England but over ghere in Denmark I found these fab dummies where the teat is tilts up! It has transformed naps where Leorah would cry for her dummy and if I didn't get there in time she would fully wake. They are cheapy with a rubbery teat so she didn't take to it at first but now she loves it a bit too much and wants it in more so I am trying to wean her off it but its so hard while she's teething. Have you thought about taking the dummy away at night cold turkey? Apparantley its hell for a night , better the second night and should be weaned by the fourth. I guess you have to prepare for something like that!

Oh I just reread your message and its not really the dummy that's the problem is it? We have the same problem in the morning. My DH wakes at 6am and it doesn't matter how quiet he is Leorah is awake :roll:

ohh no! bless, does he reach and try put it back in at all? cause u can get those soother holders that clip onto their tops and the dummy stays near them!
I dont know hun cause Alfie doesnt have a dummy ... I sometimes wish he did as its hard work without it, we just use juice instead :oops:

nic & keeley said:
i think keeley just likes being in my bed with me cos when my ex first left i used to let her sleep with me.... now when she comes in the bed she has to stroke my head... i think she thinks she's mummy :lol:

thats so sweet!
when ians away after he wakes at 5 for a feed i bring Alfie in with me and how he wakes me at 8 is he either slaps my head, pulls myy hair or kicks me in the back, if i ignore him he wiggles closer to me, wraps his arms round my neck and shrieks in my ear! :shock:

thanks girls, those dummys sound good Skatty, do you mean like an orthodontic shape dummy, or something different?
yes we need to try to wean him off the dummy, but he'll have none of it :shakehead:

Grrrrrrrrr don't know what we can do, he was in our bed from about 2 AM coz Rich had enough of getting out of bed after about the 5th time!!!

Alfiesmummy.... Louie doesn't yet try to put the dummy back himself, he will just hold it & mess with it till it falls out the cot :roll:

i had exactly the same thing with jodie. about 30 times a night. i kept a drawer in her room for dummies and everytime it fell out i grabbed another. It is hard but he will grow out of it. i put jodie in my bed and it made it worse i had to let her cry the next night untill she drifted back off. My savior was the Baby whisperer by tracey Hogg it helped me loads. my jodie is now sleeping 14 hours solid waking every few nights maybe. but i now have my sanity bk. hope i all works out.

Beany had this problem with Lawson.

She decided she wasn't going to put up with it and took his dummy away altogether. She had 2 nights of hell then he forgot about ever having one.

ellis does this too. I have put the cot next to my bed now and taken the side off cos i can cope with getting out of bed!! he still wakes 4-5 times a night :bored:

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back