Here I Am Again!!!!! Advice needed!!

KatysMummy

Reaction score
Hi All,

DH & I have found out this evening that we are expecting Baby No 2!!!!! :dance: :dance:

We had kind of started trying again, but expected to have to wait for me to at least have AF since having Katy......but no, it was not to be...............we are preggers already........but we don't know how far gone I am!!!!!

Can't wait to put new ticker up, but am not sure what to do next......do I have to see the doctor first as I did last time & he didn't do anything, just told me an EDD & told me to book in to see midwife. I am hoping for an early dating scan, so do I book an appointment to see Dr or straight to midwife?????

Thanks in advance, & I look forward to getting to know you all & going through our pregnancies together xxxxxxxxx

hey hun huge congrats to you :cheer: :cheer:

Well i just went and saw my doc when i found out and twice he just referred me to the m/w more or less straight away. So dont know whether i wasted my time doing that or not.

I think it depends on your doc surgery i would give them a ring and just explain and they should be able to give your more advice hun.

Take care :hug:

Congratulations Katysmummy!

I know you wanted your babies close together, so you got your wish!!! Are you telling people yet or will you wait until your first scan?

I bet you guys are over the moon!

Valentine xxx

congrats on your pregnacy...I would also ring the surgery and see.it seems to be different depending on where you live...Some people have had scans booked by GP but mine was by m/w

Congratulations :cheer:

As cloud9 says different areas have different ways, my scan was booked my MW, but I couldn't see MW without being referred to her by the GP. So it might be worth calling the surgery and ask them whether you can book straight in with MW or not.

You'll probably get a scan pretty quickly (maybe in a couple of weeks if not before :cheer: :pray: ) if you don't have dates to work with- how exciting!!!!

Goos Luck....will look forward to your update :cheer:

congratulations and welcome to 1st tri !! :wave:

congratulations :cheer:

a close age gapbetween babis is great and dead rewarding :D

in our area you ring the surgery and book with the midwife directly the doctor dosnt see you about pregnancy at all, but like everyone else said every area is different

how old is katy?

Thanks for all your congrats!! It still seems really surreal but i'm sure it'll sink in soon enough!!

I just rang the doc's & the receptionist has made me an appointment to see the midwife on the 31st Jan........2 whole weeks away!!

Thats pretty good for our midwife to be honest, but I might give her a ring anyway as I still have her mobile number.

Are you telling people yet or will you wait until your first scan?

I bet you guys are over the moon!

Thanks Valentine, you always have such nice things to say!! :hug:
We have told my Dad, & Gary's Mum, & I will probably tell my best friend.....but she is about 11 weeks preggers & had some spotting yesterday so is having a scan today at EPU. I will wait to here how she is then make that call. :pray:

a close age gapbetween babis is great and dead rewarding

Thanks Lyn, thats reassuring....Katy's been such a good baby, I don't want to have a false sense of security. I know it won't be easy, but what is in life!!!! Katy's 5 months 10 days.

Will keep you all updated, hope you are all well :hug:

Katy, Huge congratulations....really pleased for you enjoy the nxt 9 months!

Amy xx

Congratulations hun!

I just called my MW when I found out I was PG but that's how it works at our surgery so I think my GP would have said to do that anyway. Best thing is to call the surgery and ask the receptionist what the protocol is - saves a wasted trip!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

LBxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back