First Scan Appointment?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Rosieroo, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

I know that I am supposed to have a scan at 12 weeks, and I am seeing my midwife on Tuesday. Do they send your scan appointments through the post, or will the midwife tell me when I have to go? DH will have to book the time off of work so I am not sure how far in advance I will find out when I have to go.

2. HayleyB

HayleyB Well-Known Member

i think the midwife normally books it...
    i'm not too sure though!
    Sorry

x

3. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

my midwife has just been round, she filled out a form with me and she said she would send it to teh hospital, once they get it, they will send me my scan date

4. HayleyB

i want my NHS card thingy... i need to get to the dentist!!!

x

5. Rosieroo

I got my medical card within a couple weeks of sending off for it.

My midwife filled out a scan form about a month ago, I saw her when I was 5 weeks, but haven't heard anything yet...

6. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

do you have your pregnancy notes?? your midwife should have left them with you, you take them to each scan/visit.

on there will be the number of the hospital, give them a ring and double check on your scan.

thats if it works the same there as it does here

7. Lisa J

Lisa J Well-Known Member

i was given my notes and told to call the hosp and make the appointment myself which was good coz at least u are in control if my midwife is anything to go by you lot need to call them and chase it up.
    good luck
    xxxx

8. HayleyB

where do you get the form from?
    no-one's given me a form!!
    and i saw the doctor 3 weeks ago and i've heard nothing from the midwife yet!!!

9. sand :-)

sand :-) Active Member

Hi haley the nhs medical card thingy as you put it (excemption card) I had to get the form from the doctors surgery and fill it out there they will post it for you when the doc has signed it mine only took a week, It's valid up to a year after the birth if only I could remember wot safe place I put it in lol.

10. beanie

beanie Well-Known Member

11. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

I have got a letter from the hospital today booking me in for a scan and my booking in appointment, my scan is first??

12. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

This is the case for me in my area, i dont know if its the same for everyone,
    My midwife doesn't see you for the very first time until you are 8 weeks, then she will fill your book in and send a pregnancy form to the hospital , you will then get your appointment for future scans through the post,

its all so complicated, then after your 12 week scan you will see your midwife every 4 weeks, so after your scan you will see the midwife at 16 weeks, unless there are problems.

Hope this helps

yvonne

13. Rosieroo

Hopefully she'll be able to shed some more light on Tuesday, I just thought that I would've heard something by now if she had sent that scan form off. Maybe she forgot. She seemed very scatty!

14. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

Hi Rosieroo

From reading above different areas vary quite a bit - I didn't realise!

I phoned the doctors surgery to make an appointment and was told to call the midwife instead.... Spoke to the midwife and she gave me a "booking in appointment" for mid July when I should be around 12 wks gone and then she gave me a scan date of a week later and the time there and then.

Seems a long wait!

Lucy x

15. Rosieroo

I know what you mean. I'm just desperate to see him/her and make sure they're ok.

16. bobtheunfortunateone

bobtheunfortunateone Well-Known Member

Hi I was abit like lisa, I saw the midwife and she filled in a green booklet (She didn't have one when I went so she dropped it at my house How Nice)

I also got a small letter said that i had to wait 5 working days until I made a appointment myself with the relivent number on the letter, this was to allow time for my paper work to get to the hospital! was also give a few sample bottles for urine and told to take one with me to the scan and go with a full bladder! and take one to any midwife appointments I only get two scans if anything is ok and my next appointments about 2 months away with the midwife, I have 4 more days to wait until I can call the hospital. Lots of baby info too

Hope this helps
    P.S I'm in Derbyshire (Midlands)

17. Rosieroo

Well the midwife told me to wait a week then call the appointments dept to see whats happening....but me being the impatient one called this afternoon and found out that they booked my appointment and sent out a letter on the 20th May (I never received it) for next Friday. Glad I didn't wait a week as it would've been short notice for DH to book the afternoon off. So 10 days to go! :D