First Scan Appointment?

Rosieroo

Reaction score
I know that I am supposed to have a scan at 12 weeks, and I am seeing my midwife on Tuesday. Do they send your scan appointments through the post, or will the midwife tell me when I have to go? DH will have to book the time off of work so I am not sure how far in advance I will find out when I have to go.

i think the midwife normally books it...
i'm not too sure though!
Sorry

x

my midwife has just been round, she filled out a form with me and she said she would send it to teh hospital, once they get it, they will send me my scan date

i want my NHS card thingy... i need to get to the dentist!!!

x

I got my medical card within a couple weeks of sending off for it.

My midwife filled out a scan form about a month ago, I saw her when I was 5 weeks, but haven't heard anything yet...

do you have your pregnancy notes?? your midwife should have left them with you, you take them to each scan/visit.

on there will be the number of the hospital, give them a ring and double check on your scan.

thats if it works the same there as it does here

i was given my notes and told to call the hosp and make the appointment myself which was good coz at least u are in control if my midwife is anything to go by you lot need to call them and chase it up.
good luck
xxxx

rosieroo said:
I got my medical card within a couple weeks of sending off for it.

My midwife filled out a scan form about a month ago, I saw her when I was 5 weeks, but haven't heard anything yet...

where do you get the form from?
no-one's given me a form!!
and i saw the doctor 3 weeks ago and i've heard nothing from the midwife yet!!!

Hi haley the nhs medical card thingy as you put it (excemption card) I had to get the form from the doctors surgery and fill it out there they will post it for you when the doc has signed it mine only took a week, It's valid up to a year after the birth if only I could remember wot safe place I put it in lol.

I have got a letter from the hospital today booking me in for a scan and my booking in appointment, my scan is first??

This is the case for me in my area, i dont know if its the same for everyone,
My midwife doesn't see you for the very first time until you are 8 weeks, then she will fill your book in and send a pregnancy form to the hospital , you will then get your appointment for future scans through the post,

its all so complicated, then after your 12 week scan you will see your midwife every 4 weeks, so after your scan you will see the midwife at 16 weeks, unless there are problems.

Hope this helps

yvonne

Hopefully she'll be able to shed some more light on Tuesday, I just thought that I would've heard something by now if she had sent that scan form off. Maybe she forgot. She seemed very scatty!

Hi Rosieroo

From reading above different areas vary quite a bit - I didn't realise!

I phoned the doctors surgery to make an appointment and was told to call the midwife instead.... Spoke to the midwife and she gave me a "booking in appointment" for mid July when I should be around 12 wks gone and then she gave me a scan date of a week later and the time there and then.

Seems a long wait!

Lucy x

I know what you mean. I'm just desperate to see him/her and make sure they're ok.

Hi I was abit like lisa, I saw the midwife and she filled in a green booklet (She didn't have one when I went so she dropped it at my house How Nice)

I also got a small letter said that i had to wait 5 working days until I made a appointment myself with the relivent number on the letter, this was to allow time for my paper work to get to the hospital! was also give a few sample bottles for urine and told to take one with me to the scan and go with a full bladder! and take one to any midwife appointments I only get two scans if anything is ok and my next appointments about 2 months away with the midwife, I have 4 more days to wait until I can call the hospital. Lots of baby info too

Hope this helps
P.S I'm in Derbyshire (Midlands)

Well the midwife told me to wait a week then call the appointments dept to see whats happening....but me being the impatient one called this afternoon and found out that they booked my appointment and sent out a letter on the 20th May (I never received it) for next Friday. Glad I didn't wait a week as it would've been short notice for DH to book the afternoon off. So 10 days to go! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back