help :(

frangelle

Reaction score
My 5 year old got into bed with us last night, and accidentally kneed me really hard in the stomach, it hurt like hell, but I haven't felt any movement since, normally LO is wide awake at night and at this time, but I have felt nothing...

What should I do? I'm sh*tting myself that somethings wrong :(

Frangelle,

Get on the 'phone immediately to your local maternity hospitalor just drive straight there and request that someone sees you today. They may not have scanning facilities available, but should be able to let you hear your baby on a doppler.

I'm sure your lo will be fine as they are so well-cushioned in there for just such a mishap. Next time Keiran sleeps in beside you though, remember to keep a pillow in front of your bump :D

Hope you get the reassurance you need soon this morning.

xxx

WendyWandy said:
Frangelle,

Get on the 'phone immediately to your local maternity hospitalor just drive straight there and request that someone sees you today. They may not have scanning facilities available, but should be able to let you hear your baby on a doppler.

I'm sure your lo will be fine as they are so well-cushioned in there for just such a mishap. Next time Keiran sleeps in beside you though, remember to keep a pillow in front of your bump :D

Hope you get the reassurance you need soon this morning.

xxx

Thanks hun I will ring them now. I hope they don't think I'm being stupid...

I've told Kieran he musn't come in our bed in the night anymore- he's a real wriggler, and our beds not really big enough for 2 adults and a 5 year old!!!

If they think you're "stupid" (which I don't think they will) then they are simply underestimating just how precious that little miracle of your is :D

You don't have to go into specifics - simply say, e.g. "I'm x weeks pregnant and I've had a knock to my bump and haven't felt the baby move since at his usual times. Can someone check me out please as I'm really worried?"

As for Kieran - yes, it's best that you make a fuss of him now for being the "big boy" and be firm about him not sleeping in your bed this early on because, if you leave it to nearer when the new baby's due, Kieran may feel "pushed out" and associate not being allowed in mummy & daddy's bed with the arrival of his little brother. I know it's so difficult to be firm though when all you want is a sleep and not to feel guilty!

Alternatively, you could be like Billy Connolly and his wife, Pamela Stephenson, and just buy a huge bed, big enough for the whole family :lol:

Frangelle, good luck honey. I'm sure everything is ok they are extreemly well protected inside our bellies. Best to get it checked though.

Let us know how you get on

:hug:

Hey Frangelle :)

I'm sure you'll be ok but what a shock for you :hug:
Hope you gat a scan although just hearing the heart beat will be reassuring.
Try not to worry and let us know what happens :hug:

Heard the heartbeat at the hospital, everything is fine :cheer:

As soon as the doppler went on the difficult so and so started moving around like nobodies business, obviously difficult like his father, lol!

Thanks for all your advice :hug:

i can't believe how strong those little things are lol!
and they're also surrounded by lots of fluid which is reassuring!
but that must have scared you

ezxcellent glad your bbays ok :)

my oh in his sleep is active like snoring and jumps in bed,sometimes talks .his arms sometimes are active too like waves around. he also sits up in bed and im telling him to lay down lol

anyway onetime his left arm hit my belly when i was relaxing on my back this was 17-23weeks cant remember when exactly but my babys fine as my ribs arent lol baby loves ribs ouch :(

Great news, glad everythings alright .xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back