• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help....!

jendav81

Reaction score
Hi I'm really confused at the moment. I am on the mini pill, but missed a few pills last month...
My period was due last tuesday but was a no show, then on friday I had some very light pink spotting. I have been feeling nauseous in the mornings since last Wednesday from about 9am to 11am and was actually sick yesterday. Last night my breasts and nipples were very tender.
I took a home pregnancy test last friday but it was negative, then went to nurse at GP's yesterday where she did a urine test, also negative (she said that it could be the mini pill which has stopped my periods).
So I went to the doctor today and she said that I might be. She told me to come back next week for another test.
My lower abdomen feels bloated and I have light cramps like the ones I get before my period. I am also very emotional and cry at the drop of a hat.
Could I be pregnant or is it just the mini pill? I'm really confused. :?

I had a similar experience to this although I hadnt missed any pills to my knowledge I missed a period and had lots of pregnancy type symptoms as you are now, and the annoying answer is you just have to wait and find out it could be that you are pregnant but the hormone levels are not high enough to be detected yet or it could be that your hormones are abit unsetted for some reason possibly from missing the pill.

The waiting is the worst bit so frustrating and not knowing whether to act like your pregnant i.e in being more careful what you eat and drink or carry on as normal. The advice my doctor gave me was to act like I was pregnant for now and to test again in a week.

I dont know if you would like to be pregnant I asume being on the mini pill that you dont, so it may reasure you to know that I never turned out to be pregnant I was told it could have been a hormone inbalance for some reason a phantom pregnancy or possibly a early missed miscarage and the hormones where still causing alittle havock in my system, I am currently having the same problem and they now believe the cause to be that I have become very sensitive to the progesterone in the pill so I have come off it for now to see if things settle down!
I hope you have some answers one way or another very soon! :hug:

Hi

Its very possible hun test again next week as doctor says i had cramps like AF was coming but it never came
Katrina

Eek! Thanks for the replies. I will do one next week. I now have stomach cramps, been feeling nauseous all morning!
The joys!

:shock: :? :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back