Help?

beanzz

Reaction score
Any one know if you can request an induction for not long after your due date for varicose veins?

I know they're common in pregnancy which is why i'm not feeling so confident and like i'd be wasting my time trying..

My veins are both in my left groin (one of them i had pre-preg and got referred to a consultant about in early pregnancy) and now that i'm 39 weeks the pressure from my bump is now causing them to be SOOOO painful.

Nothing helps ease the pain. They're really fat and hurt to touch them and ache when i walk (which is advised by internet pages) :(

Last edited:
Are you still under the consultant or did they discharge you? There have been several girls on here in agony for one reason or another and they've been left to it. With veins I would think it would depend on what ones they are and how going over term would affect them

No they discharged me as it wasn't a worry back then. My mum as a nurse thinks it could get worse the longer it's left but that's her view, not the consultant :/ looks like i'll just have to grin and bare it til either term+12 or when my LO decides to make an appearance himself

Last edited:
There's no harm in asking your mw, they can only say yes or no hun. It does sound so uncomfy. My OH had V veins in his leg after an accident and in the cold especially they were agony.

Hope you get some relief soon xxxxxxxx

This is the one thing I have been dreading because I had an operation on both legs at 18 for varicose veins but I have been really lucky, some of the veins have popped up but aren;t painful :)

How close to term are you? if your far too early they may want to leave it as long as possible, if not then it's always worth asking, my mother says if you don't ask you don't get!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back