Varicose Veins??

Preggers123

Reaction score
Hi All

How is everyone? Has anyone suffered varicose veins? I've had a tingle in my leg just above my left knee for weeks, I mentioned it to my midwife who said if it gets any worse to go to my GP, its been sore all weekend and I wondered if anyone has suffered from varicose veins during their pregnancy and if there was anything that can be done to ease the symptoms they are driving me nuts!!!!! Well that and I need to wee every 5 mins :) LOL

aargh i've got the worst veins ever in my calf muscle (just on one leg) and it itches like crazy! they look gross too - i had them with my first pregnancy and it's the same vein that has popped out this time - they do virtually go away after the baby arrives but they're not nice are they.

I went to doctors and he said they are not dangerous at all unless they go red or hard and swollen. he said nothing whatsoever can be done on nhs, only privately if you can afford it!!! hope your's don't get too bad - it's so hard not to itch them all the time..

Oh thanks - its the itching that is driving me mad!!! Vein not popped out yet but i've still got 11 weeks to go so i mite have that to loo forward to :( My leg is not swollen or discoloured so I think my GP would probably say the same thing!!! I hvea been checking tho, comparing knees and i think that i mite b driving my hubby mad :)

I've got shocking varicos veins - they run in my family and have def got worse in pregnancy. I won't even wear skirts now cause they are so unsightly. To relieve them you need to keep off your feet, don't cross your legs and wear support tights.

Treeze I am suprised about your doc saying you have to go private - my mum, dad and sister have all had them sorted on the NHS and I fully intend to explore getting mine done after baby is here....but then mine are pretty bad! xx

i'd love to get mine sorted after... yep i asked the doc and he said nhs no longer will treat them unless they are causing health problems...

i'm really tempted to save up and pay to get them sorted though (although they are better when i'm not pregnant), but i have some of theose purple very thin spiderweb type ones too and i've seen the treatment for them and it's amazing - they literally just disappear before your eyes!

My main offender vein is a biggun though - think that would need surgery!

Yeah I've got one MASSIVE one, it doesn't give me too much trouble but I'd play it up to try to get it sorted on NHS!! I've also got tonnes of little ones and loads of spidery thread ones.....can't bear to look at my legs to be honest, they are shameful! My mum & dad got theirs done years and years ago but sis had hers done a year or 2 ago....they can do it via keyhole surgery now! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back