HELP!!!!

gem44_4

Reaction score
I've bin trying to conceive for 9 months after a miscarrisge last november at 6 weeks. Me and my partner have tried everything with no success. The docs have tried to reassure us and i have bin trying not to get stressed as i know that doesn't help.

my periods are so erratic since the miscarriage-anything from a week early to a week late!! I'm due on sunday (if it's on time) and it's always the week leading up to my period that i think about it most.

It also doesn't help that since my miscarriage 6 (yes 6!!)of the women i work with have fallen pregnant.

Does anyone have any ideas or tips that they have tried with success??

Gem xx

Have you tried charting and ovulation predictor kits (opks)?

No not tried charting but have read up a bit about it on the internet. but have tried an ovulation kit. i did it for the seven days around the time i thought i was ovulatiing but got no results on the tests.

the trouble is now that my periods are so erratic its hard to work out when i might ovulate to know when to start the tests

Gem xx

Gem i would recommend charting...
I tried OPK's but they didn't work for me - i never once got a positive one!!
Since i've started charting Fertility Friend has picked up on me ovulating.
If you have a look through the chart stalkers thread all our chart links are there you can have a look and see how crazy we all are!!

xox

I agree with the others, if you chart your temps, you should be able to get a clearer indication on when your ovulating so you should have a better chance of BD'ing at the right point.
As you can see from my chart on the chart stalker thread, this cycle has been after a miscarrage when I didnt then know what my cycle would be, (and yes it was far longer than normal) by doing OPK's and charting my temps each morning and checking CM to be sure. I was able to pin point when I was fertile and have had success. It should at least give you a better indication of what your body is doing, so you not left so in the dark.

Hiya I'm new to this site and the ttc. But to give you another option have you considered Persona. It's generally sold as a contraceptive but works either way as basically tells you when your most fertile days are.

The starting out kit is about £60 and the monthly packs are £10 from boots. Each pack contains 8 pee sticks. But the first month you needd 2 packs. Basically for the first month you pee on a stick on days 6 and then 9 - 23 (I think) after your period. When your period starts again you set the device back to day 1 and pee on the stick on days 6 through to 13 it takes about 2 months for the system to pick up your ovulation days but once you start using it it will highlight the best days for bdancing and you're two most fertile days.

I've been using it for months as a preventative I just got married in April and didn't want to get pg before the wedding - but I noticed I was ovulating a week before the wedding - we did the bdance and I got pregnant unfortunately that bean didn't hold but we're trying again now and this month the old persona came into it's own telling me days 11 and 12 were my most fertile so keeping my fingers crossed for next week to test.

Its definitly worth considering. Best of luck to you and I hope everything does settle down in the near future.

Thanks for all your advice. i think i am going to look into the whole charting thing.

It's so good to know there are people to talk to who have gone through or are presently going through the same as me. My partners great but is as clueless as me.

Anyway, fingers crossed for this month i could already be pregnant you never know!! (should know by beginning of next week)

Gem xx

Thats what we're here for!!! :hug:
If you do decide to chart then we're all here for you to ask questions for advice and help!!
Hope you get your BFP soon :hug:

hiya, hope you have luck in your ttc, please dont be scared to ask questions, i do all the time.
i am starting my chart off for the first time tomorrow night with a weeks temps so fingers crossed it starts to make sense for us both soon.
ps everyone here is lovely and theres always someone around if you have any questions.
bxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back