why do people keep saying this to me....

sunshine_gal

Reaction score
GRRRRRR

ever since my miscarriage people keep saying the same thing " at least you know you can get pregnant now eh"

Yes i know that after a year of trying i can get pregnant and then lose it, yeah i know that..

It doesn't help.....

Sorry just get fed up with people thinking that that helps... :wall: :wall:

If i and you think that its not a very nice thing to say then why do so many people keep saying it.. it just makes me wanna scream now...

I'm so sorry you feel this way. I don't know what to say.

My gynaecologist said that to us too, but it was more to assure us that we can have children should we want to try again. We'll see how things go.

In the meantime, take care of yourself and try not to let what others say bother you too much. It sounds rude what I'm saying, but it's not meant that way :hug:

no it doesn't sound rude at all.. I know what you mean and most of the time im ok with what others say but every now and then when i hear the same comment over and over i just feel fed up.. and another one

try not to think about it and it will happen, yes i know that too but after 16 months of trying and one miscarriage its hard not to think about it...

Im sorry i sound like a right miserable old cow eh, im not i promise... :D

I know it's not the most comforting thing for people to say, but they are right. I got pregnant in my first cycle of TTC but sadly miscarried. We started TTC again almost straight afterwards and it took us a year to conceive again :wall: During that time there were times when we thought we were infertile, but then reminded ourselves that I got pregnant once and would do again. Did take a little longer than I'd hoped but here I am 24 weeks pregnant!!

:hug:
It upsets me when people say this, i havnt miscarried but my friend did, i went with her so they could discuss tests etc with her (cos she had lukemia they're very interested in her) the lady was going on and on about test to see if she could get pregnant, then started going on about how lucky she is she can actually get pregnant and i had to hold my tongue cos its not the point. She needs to no if her uterus is likely to hold a baby at leas t until its viable, and if the chemo has hurt her eggs.

Sometimes being able to get pregnant but always losing the baby is worse then not getting pregnant at all

Yah, I know how you feel. I am being told the same thing and it really hurts :wall: It has been 5 months since my m/c. I have no AF, started treatment a month ago and I feel that it is not going to happen for me again :cry:

I have never has a m/c so I can only assume that it would really hurt the old heart strings. I get upset over a BFN much less to deal with a loss. My heart goes out to you all who have had to endure both the m/c and the unsightly comments. :hug: :hug:

I'm so sorry :hug:
I don't think some people know what to say and they think they are helping :(
I hope they stop saying it though :hug: :hug: :hug:

it does hurt...luckily no one knows we are TTC so we dont get that from people but sometimes OH will say, well you have you baby and have *son* so we know it can happen! yes but why isnt it then? he got his son by accident on the pill and i got my angel on the pill so why when we dont use protection it doesnt happen?
well come on month seven....lets see what you bring us... :pray:

Definitely. Especially from friends with kids who had accidents or fell 1st month. Then they tell you to just relax about it. :wall:

I know they mean well but it's not what you want to hear as they cuddle their kids or stroke their bump. You're not alone hun 16 months for me too. M/c'd in November still miss my little bean every day. It'll happen one day.

im ni the club too. i had those comments "well at least you can get prego" thas not the point innit we lost a baby its worse. but im guessing when ppl hear of m/c they dont kno wot ot say to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back