help! :(

bubble_dreamer

Reaction score
after having rubie i had a 2nd degree tear they stitched me up and they have felt fine up until yesterday - well they still feel ok but im really itchy right where the stitches are :oops: also up until yesterday the bleeding had nearly stopped now all of a sudden its really heavy again and it keeps feeling like im wetting myself :oops:
i dont ever remember having this with kurt or beth is it normal?

also the midwife said my milk should have been drying up now - but its not infact im leaking so much its like it is pouring out of me :shock: im having to get changed 10-15 times a day and im changing breast pads every 30mins!
is there anything i can do to get it to dry up?

Hi

Dont know what to say as i had a c-section and havent gone through having to dry my milk up yet...i hope you get it sorted soon.
xx Katrina

It sounds like you may have a little infection hun if it's itchy, I'd see your GP babes, he might be able to suggest something to help you dry up too xx

thanks for the replies i was starting to think maybe it could be an infection as i didnt remember it being like that with either of the other 2 wanted to make sure it wasnt normal before i go to the gp and make myself look silly though :lol:

I thought itchyness meant it was healing? Itches because the skin is getting tighter? Maybe not! Sounds like you're doing too much hun if the bleeding has got heavier, you need to rest up as much as possible! :)

Strangeness said:
I thought itchyness meant it was healing? Itches because the skin is getting tighter? Maybe not! Sounds like you're doing too much hun if the bleeding has got heavier, you need to rest up as much as possible! :)

That's what I thought too.

I also believe that the bleeding gets lighter and heavier for up to 4 weeks. I had days I thought it had stopped and the next thing, I needed 2 pads with heavy bleeding. I know what you mean about feeling as if you're wetting yourself - I had it too.

I think you're experiencing normal symptoms, but if you're worried, see your HV for a wee check up!

Hope you feel better soon!

Emilia xx

I had stitches-tore back to front :shock: When they start to get itchy it means they r on the road to recovery and that u r healing. I too was concerned at the time, and spoke to HV and she said itchy is when things start to heal :think:

Get it checked out for reassurrance tho hun :wink:

Thanks everyone i dont feel abnormal now :rotfl:

HV is coming round tomorrow so il talk to her then still thought i was supposed to be discharged from MW's care first before i saw her though :think:

saw the midwife this morning and then the health visitor this afternoon

midwife checked my stitches n said they looked fine and i had nothing to worry about and neither her nor the health visitor seemed particularly bothered that my milk wasnt drying up :?

I saw my health visitor before they discharged me from the midwife. I always thought they'd come and see me for 10 days straight as well but my midwife kept saying "oh I'll give you and break and come back in a couple of days" god knows :lol:

thats what i thought or thats the way it was when i had beth anyway! day 10 they discharged me then i saw the health visitor :?

have only seen the midwife 4 times since i had rubie and on monday she said i wouldnt be discharged until she was 4 weeks old but she only feels the need to see me once a week coz we are fine :?

I didn't see my HV til Rubie was about 5 weeks old. But I was seen almost every day by the midwife for 28 days as I had problems. I would have liked to see her for a bit longer but she said she had to discharge me after 28 days.

I was itching down there for literally AGES (like 8 weeks) after Lydia was born - drove me crazy....nothing seemed to work, not vaseline, sudocreme, nothing. Anyway just as an offchance I tried some thrush cream and lo and behold after only about 2 days of using it the itching totally stopped. I guess I must have had thrush!

its so horrible i still feel like i been kicked by a horse downstairs!!

bubble maybe you have a urine infection coz i had one and it kept feeling like i was wetting myself..i couldnt quite feel any sensation when i went for a wee aswell! my stitches are itchy but i think that its them healing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back