Help with weaning please?!

smess26

Reaction score
Ok so got go ahead with weaning from hv as Archie is quite a demanding feeder. So far he has had baby rice and rusk this is been for a couple of weeks and only at dinner time?! When do I add other foods he was sleeping through for a week now he is waking again although not crying but he is waking every hour from 3/4?! Do I increased what do I feed him?! He Is eating everything and almost seeing like he wants more?!
It's so much more confusing this time round. I have just brought some books but waiting from them to arrive ! Help lol x x

If he seems happy to have more and isn't drinking less milk I'd start giving him something at lunchtime too x

Hi Jess- blimey where has the time gone with little Archie!! 4 mths already!!

I agree with sams mum - we added another meal in quite quickly after the breakie meal was established as devon was woofing it down and seemed to need more frequent BF's then.

What about some carrot and parsnip puree? (I used to use a tiny pan on the cooker top, then discovered much easier , less watching needed to do it in the microwave in small glass dish with pierced clingfilm on top!)

Last edited:
I know tell me about it!! I'm gonna walk to waitrose in abit when westher has calmed abit and get some carrots avocado potato sweet pot and make a batch of puree I have just ordered a few books but waiting for those to arrive prob next week! He has had breakfast today I may action lunch and see how he does on that?! He is still drinking enough milk. Xx

You can't go wrong with fruit and veggies, to add difference to them you can add baby rice as well :)
Perhaps try a breakfast?
Sweet potato is a huge favourite here :yay:
You can mix fruits with veggies as well for a different flavour, just take it steady and keep milk as the number one :)

If you make the puree and put them in ice cube trays you can then mix and match the fruit/veg like pear and apple, apple and carrot, carrot and prune (my baby struggled to poop as she didn't drink enough water).

If you have an iphone there is a free baby app by braun.

Thank you all!!!! I'll look at that app thank you. I didn't know you could mix fruit and veg! X x

Not sure if you are meant to but I did! Lol x

---
-

I mixed fruit and veg too. Added apple to alot of things to make it sweeter.
I also started straight away on 3 meals a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back