Help with moving - what do you think?

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
We're moving house on 1st April and I'm dreading the actual moving part.
OH has the view of 'many hands make light work' whereas I think 'Too many cooks spoil the broth' so we're arguing about it.

What do you girls honestly think? I think that if we have loads of people helping (which is very nice of them to offer, don't get me wrong) that everyone is just going to get under each others feet and I'm going to get stressed about it, that's just how I am.
OH thinks having loads of people helping will make things easier. It's got to the point where he has told me to just go out for the day and leave everyone else to it, because he knows i'll be a total stresshead (hormones get in the way also).
Argh I don't know!

Do it! Go out for the day, meet a friend for lunch and spoil yourself! Then when you get home everything will be in place and you can just do the finishing touches (cos men never put things in the right place!).

Do it! Go out for the day, meet a friend for lunch and spoil yourself! Then when you get home everything will be in place and you can just do the finishing touches (cos men never put things in the right place!).

Agree with Lily. Go out and leave them all to it :)

I agree too, just make sure all boxes are labelled with what room they should go in and leave them to it. You shouldn't be lifting or getting stressed anyway, so its the best thing xx

Last edited:
I agree too, just make sure all boxes are labelled with what room they should go in and leave them to it. You shouldn't be lifting or getting stressed anyway, so its the best thing xx

Couldn't agree more!! I'm facing moving at around 37 weeks pregnant - am not looking forward to it at all. If someone gave me the option to go out and come back and everything will be done for me I would jump at the chance!!! xx

Having moved 3 times in 6 months with just me and hubbie (once in the back of a corsa!!) I would advise get every bit of help going!! We have been in this house for nearly 4 years and the memories of all that work is still raw!! Lol!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back