• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help with hairy ears

kellyandbump

Reaction score
Please help I am not sure what to do. When Chloe was born she had quite dark hair on the sides of her ears, everyone said this was normal as she was two weeks early. She is now four months old and the hair is showing no signs of droping off. Do you think I need to take her to see the doctor?

Ella had dark hair on her ears too - I actually forgot she had it until I saw this thread! It's completely gone now, to be honest I don't know when that was, I think she still had it at four months.
I don't think it's anything to do with being early..My LO was a tad early (11 days) but she was definately ready to come out.

I think its quite common for babys to have excess hair up until the age of one even. Ask the doctor of HV for reassurance if you are worried

Finlay was 3 weeks early and had dark hair everywhere!

Its gone now - the hair on his ears is blonde now :D

Thanks, she goes for her injections on 3rd December so I will mention it then. Maybe it is just more obvious because her hair is so dark.

It will fade soon.

Both my kids looked like little werewolves when they were born they were that hairy. All gone now.

my ex SIL little girls had very dark hair on her ears up until she was about 8/9months and then it dropped out. It will come out, she wont be hairy ears forever :hug:

Evie was covered in dark hair- it still hasn't fallen out- it's just faded- she has a really hairy back and her ears are like a peach :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shhh: I still have furry ears but my hairs are blonde :lol:

Thanks, I'll stop worrying about it and keep my fingers crossed it will lighten as she gets older. Babies make you worry about the strangest things.

dont worry about it the doctor will do absolutely nothing and say its natural. My son has hair on his ears. hes got little patches on the top of his forearm to :shock: hes guna be a hairy one when hes older!! dont worry hun im sure it will disappear its just baby fluff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back