Help with girls names!!

gemmylou

Reaction score
Me and hubby are REALLY struggling to find a girls name that we both like. Our little boy is called James, and ideally I'd like a complimentary name IYKWIM. Thinking of Jade as a middle name, as the colour green is major for me, but that's not a definite.

I liked Bethany and Alice, but hubby hates them, and his only choice has been Ellie, but I'm not a fan of that name (perks of being a teacher!!).

Any and all suggestions gratefully received!!

I feel your pain hun, we are also finding girls names impossible! How about Isabelle? I thought of it because me niece is Isabelle Jade :)

At the moment we have very traditional names and a couple of pretty modern ones but I don't love any of them and I hate it! I'm trying to just tell myself if it is a girl I will see what name she suits when she's born and it'll be perfect xxx

I really like Ellie, but I'm not sure it's a strong enough name for an adult iykwim. What about Ella? Alice is pretty too, not so keen on Bethany - sorry x

Elizabeth, Rebecca, Emma, Emily, Brittany, Monica :) I find these names beautiful for a lady :)

Thank you everyone!!

Becky1, I said Ella after he suggested Ellie, and it's one we both like, bit neither of us LOVE it.

Taffy, funnily enough, we had chosen Isabelle for James if he was a girl, but since then, hubby has changed jobs and works with an Isabelle and he really doesn't like her, so we haven't even considered the name this time around. Weird aren't we??!

I'm sure inspiration will strike us at some point, took us forever to come up with James!!! Xx

I completely get what you mean not wanting to use Isabelle now, not liking someone also puts me off a name. How about Anabelle? Ella is pretty, or you could have Eleanor, then you could use Ellie for short? If you find inspiration PLEASE send some my way! :) xxx

Have been chatting with a friend who's pregnant and will throw out a few names that came up - won't be at all offended if you don't like them as we were just chucking around a few ideas as she's in the same position as you - oooh and I'll also add the names that my friends/family/neighbours/etc have called their girls!

Clara
Erin
Ava
Sofia
Phoebe
Isla
Keira
Aimee
Molly
Ruby
Mia
Charlotte
Gabrielle
Yasmine
Morgan
Grace
Flora
Evelyn
Lucy
Freya
Brooke
Lola
Olivia
Chloe
Martha
Cecilia
Roberta
Niamh
Sienna
Demi
Imogen
Leah
Abigail
Megan
Robyn
Florence
Harriet
Amber
Polly

Hope that helps xx

Last edited:
Just had our team yellow baby and after 2 boys it was a shock to have a pink one! Struggled with names but opted for Connie. Our too 3 were Mia, Stella and Connie x

Bethany is wonderful name( Bad your other half doesn't like it) I love Eva/Eve/Evie, Sophia, Violet, Penelope

Wow, thank you so much everyone. Fingers crossed we get a name we both like sorted soon!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back