• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help with bedtime routine etc

Fiona

Reaction score
Grace is now 9 weeks old and I would like to put her into some kind of evening routine..
at the moment she is up with us in the evening.. will have a sleep for about 30 mins or so at 7 ish and is then awake again until we go to bed at 10 pm - when I feed her and she goes straight to sleep.

She then sleeps all night for the most part (occasionally wakes up for a night feed but not often), she will then wake at 6.30am for a feed and then back to sleep until about 8 ish.

I read that most of you get your LO into bed about 7 pm ish - I am just not sure how to go about this.... also at the moment Grace always falls asleep at the breast and then I put her into bed asleep - how do I get her to go go sleep on her own - hate the idea of letting her cry herself to sleep??? are there any other suggestions... ???????

Sounds like a normal babies routine to me :)

Olivia was just the same at Grace's age she didnt go bed until 11tho, it wasnt until she was 3 months did I start putting her to bed earlier but that was only becuase she was starting to get fussy and agrevated at around 6 30, you will know when she is ready hun :D

She sounds like shes doing quite well for her age :)

As for her falling alseep on the breast, Olivia still does, and its never been a problem and its not something I personaly worry about.
I do wind Oli tho after a feed, shes half asleep then and will go into her cot :)

willow is 6 weeks old and for the past week we have been putting her to a routeine

her feed is usually due at about 7 -8pm (i am bottle feeding by the way).

when her feed is approaching i take her in to the nursary and put her on the changing mat and as i am undressing her i am playing with her to keep her happy, i then top and tail her put a clean nappy on, and put her in her sleepsuit, then feed her wind her and put her to bed sometimes she is fully awake and she might winge for about 10 mins but she soon falls to sleep.

we didnt want to get stuck in a rut with her not going to bed awake, so we started her runtine early and so far touch wood it has worked.

:pray:

we put Sam down by 7pm and have done for about three weeks now. He protests for a while but usually drops off by about 7.30.
The trick is not to pick them up again once they are in bed. Go in, talk softly, stroke her cheek, give the dummy etc, but don't get her out of bed again once she's down. She'll soon settle into the routine.

you could try putting her down at 9:00 tonight instead of 10 and gradually reduce it? We start Thomas at 8 and he is sleeping in our room by 9. I am hoping to reduce this over the next few weeks so he is sleeping by 7 soon.

I know it sounds mean but I don't talk to Thomas at bedtime except to say night night and tell him I love him. I have all the lights down and I try to not even talk to dh so that it is really boring.

I bet this will all change soon with us though - babies are so unpredictible!!

Good luck with getting a routine sorted that works for you :hug:

When Arianna was little we put her down at 11pm, then each week we reduced it by 30min and now she goes to bed at 7.30pm and sleeps right through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back