bedtime routine help

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
sorry another post from me but im stumped !

leland feeds at 6 pm , he usually then his awake for a while and playing but his started falling asleep at 8.30 / 9 ish

usually on bath nights i bath him at 9 , have nappy off time and then bottle at 10 bed what 10.30 ?

so what i wanna know is what can i do about bed time ? should i get him ready for the 6pm feed ? i usually get him changed for bed before his 10pm so its wash / pj's / bottle / bed routine which works well but now his falling asleep at 8.30 ish and sometimes im having to wake him to do the whole bedtime routine thing !

but doing all that for 6pm ish doesnt suit me :oops: with dinner etc ( i dont lik eating late due to IBS and it sets it off if i eat and sleep or if i get too hungry :oops:

so any advice :oops:

If he is falling asleep at that time then he wants to go to bed then so you will have to shift your routine forward. Instead of bathing at 9pm, bathe him at 8pm and put him to bed at 9 :hug: :hug:

can he go to bed a couple of hours after his bottle instead of straight after ? i mean if i was to feed at 6 , bath at 7 nappy off till 8 then bed ? trouble is his dozzy after feeding !"

rah this routine stuff is hard work :doh:

lil miss has a feed...and then a little nap around 5/6ish too.... but shes in bed at 8pm... I just feed her and then lay her on the playmat... its not warm and cosy like mummy so she wakes up pretty quick...its for about 10 mins, but she is still tired.... we then start the night time routine... another feed and shes in bed by 8... (not necessarily asleep...but in bed...:) )

You can try doing everything as normal but instead of putting to bed at 10pm give him a top up feed at 9pm and put him straight to bed. Maddison used to have her last feed at 11pm and straight to bed then we brought it back by half an hour at a time until she was having last feed at 7pm and straight to bed. Good luck, its hard work isnt it?! :hug:

very special like last night he was awake from 4.30 , and im worries if hegoes bed earlier this time will be earlier and ill be a zombie lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back