Help - using clearblue ovulation monitor and need some advice!

blissbaby

Reaction score
Hi all!
My partner (S) and I are trying for a baby and I have just started using a Clearblue Ovulation Monitor.
When the monitor tells me that I am at my most fertile, should S and I make love as much as possible? I have read so much information about conception, it's all a bit overwhelming! I remember reading that sperm can last for up to seven days in the female and if this is the case, can we get away with making love a few times over my highly fertile period - or should we make love as much as we possibly can?
Also, does frequent love-making affect sperm quality?
I'd be very very grateful for any advice.
Thanks,
Bliss

:wave: Welcome to pregnancyforum.co.uk :D

I have never used a fertility monitor. I have been blessed with regular, average cycles so I used this simple tool to give me an idea of when to focus our love making remembering that it's most important to be doing it in the days leading to ovulation so there are :sperm: already waiting for the egg.

How often you do it is up to you. With my first we just did it when ever we felt the urge! With #2 we did it every other day from my period finishing until I was confident I had ovulated - we conceived (a girl) 2nd cycle. With this one we did it every day and conceived (a boy) first cycle. Having sex more than once in 24hrs will limit the time that your partner has to make good quality sperm but if the mood takes you I'd say go for it! :D

Good luck! :dust:

I've moved this to the TTC section so it doesn't get lost in the introductions :D

My cycles were fairly regular too, so we always tried to time our love making in the few days leading up to and the day of ovulation. Unless your partner has a low sperm count there it is fine to make love every day, but a lot of couples aim for every other day during your fertile window. Good luck :dust:

Hi
Thank you both for your advice. We'll keep going with monitor and see how it goes.
But I shall no doubt keep dipping into this forum - it's seems to comprise many friendly folks!
Bliss x

Best of luck and Welcome to Pregnancy Forum :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back