Help, ttc after mirena removal???

nancy666

Reaction score
I had my mirena removed last week (8.3.11) after deciding we wanted ttc for a baby.
I had the mirena in for 4 years and was told fertility would return to normal the same day??

I have had no bleeding and only a few abdominal cramps? Has anyone got any advice or had sucess on ttc after removal?? Im confused with it all lol

Thanks ladies xx :wave:

Hi Nancy. I too had the mirena coil removed after 3 years and started trying right away after my removal bleeding. I caught straight away but it ended in mc at 6 weeks.

I waited for 2 cycles after this and fell pregnant again and am now 33 weeks.

No one knows why people mc but my advice would be to maybe wait for a couple of cycles if possible to to ensure ur body is returning back to normal for you pregnancy. Not to say if you did conceive right away that it wouldn't end up as successful but if it was me again, I would wait a little next time.

Good luck with everything hun xxxx

My mum had the Mirena inbetween my sister and my brother (4 years)..She fell pg again within a few cycles xx

I had my coil removed and started to bleed after 2 days which I treated as my first period, tried and conceived that first month and my little one is not 15 weeks old!!

i had coil removed an was preggers 6 weeks later x

Hey hun,

I had the copper coil and fell pregnant on the first cycle. It's interesting you ask about trying to conceive after the minera. I've Often wondered what the possible effects are of some contraception on our body x

I had the coil removed in January and caught the next night (we only bd once a month) but mc,d at 6 wks x

well i guess it's different from woman to woman, mine was out last year in July, now going to one year down the line no hope... well keep hanging in there.

I got pregnant with the mirena coil in lol, so everybody is deffinately different lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back