Help!! Pregnancy after the Mirena??

nancy666

Reaction score
I had my mirena removed last week (8.3.11) after deciding we wanted ttc for a baby.
I had the mirena in for 4 years and was told fertility would return to normal the same day??

I have had no bleeding and only a few abdominal cramps? Has anyone got any advice or had sucess on ttc after removal?? Im confused with it all lol

Thanks ladies xx :wave:

Hi and welcome :wave:

I had my Mirena removed on 14th Jan 2011
I didn't notice too much difference, no cramps or spotting.

I had my first period on 7th February
And then with OPK's positives on CD14/15
Then my second period starting on 6th March

I went back to normal pretty much straight away after 3 years of having the coil, I have had everything as I had it before I had coil put in. (28 day cycles, on the hour, pmt the same etc.)

We are TTC for the second month now, :)

Hello!

I had my coil removed on 23 feb. and still trying. My doc also said that I should get pregnant after removing it. My guess is that every person is different as their "system" down there :oooo: (i couldn`t say this better cause i
`m a foreigner)
Also my oppinion is that the mucous membrane of uterus needs to get thicker so the fertilized egg could attach there and start growing (that takes some time).

Good luck :wave:

Last edited:
I had the coil for 6 months take out fell in first.month but had a mmc fell again and mc again and then fell a third abd finally I am 34 weeks pregnant I can't say if the coil had anything to do with the.mc but I wish I had.waiting.a while.before.trying.to save the heartache. I had.the coil.removed in Dec 2009 x x

My sister in law had her Mirena removed and it was normal within a short period. My sister's best friend had a little more trouble, but it worked out for her too. They both conceived after it though, so no worries :)

I had my Mirena removed last May, after 5 continuous years. Periods went back to normal the following month and I got pregnant pretty soon after we started trying properly (in January).

I had my mirena removed 5 weeks ago, had one day of bleeding 3 days later. I've done a test today and its positive, heard a lot of bad experiences of getting pregnant so soon after the coil removed that I'm so worried of miscarrying, please tell me it doesn't all end in miscarriage :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back