HELP..return to work or no?

Tinkerbell21

Reaction score
Before i had brooke i was workin full time for 16K and my partner earns 34k. I only want to go back two days a week (16hrs). If they say yes to this request! Hopefully my mum will have brooke 2days because childcare would be 80 pw. I really dont know how tax credits work. On the 16 hour basis does anyone in a similar situation know if we could get help with childcare? I dont want to return to work for the sake of pennies im just so confused. I would ve greatful of any advice x

I think (not 100% sure) if you work 16 hours or more you're entitled to working tax credits and help with childcare costs Hun. If you google WTC it will tell you for definite an there shoul be a calculator thing to work out if you're eligible and how much you'd get :)

Not sure on child care but I don't think your be entitled to working tax credits but you will get child tax credits. I work 16 hours and earn 7k a year and my OH gets 32k a year and we don't get working tax!
It's crap cos we work hard but don't get no help!

I figured we wouldnt get anything/much. Thanks will try the calculator thing and see what i would take home after childcare! Yeah it just seems wrong you work your ass off and then loose out on time with your baby for next to nothing. Thanks for the advice

If ur household income is less than 40k you will get something, even if it is pence,
Were currently gettin £20 a week until new financial yr n then it drops to £10 based on our household income of £33k (£16500 each)
But i want to return to work n just do 24hrs a week, obviously this reduces our househols income quite a lot n we *accordin to the calculator* will get about £90 a week towards ourchildcare costs of about £120 a week, which i thought was fab! Lol
So its temptin me not to go back to work full time soooo much so i can spend more time with LO, kinda funny cos b4 i had her i was like "im goin bk full time cos i want her to have the best clothes n toys she wants" now im like she will still have what she wants bt we will eat beans on toast all wk to do it n so i can spend time withvher, amazin how much the lil buggas change ur whole life?!

X

im buggered if i work and buggered if i dont lol

i might be completely wrong but ive always been advised by family and friends to do at least 16 hours a week wgen i go back to work coz if u do 16hours or more then u get working tax creds as well as child tax creds...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back