Help please I need to work

wifeywifey

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I would get help with childcare if I work about 25 hours a week and my dh is at part time collage, his course is 4 days a week, I want to go back to work in childcare, would we get help with money and childcare?

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

As far as I know, you wouldn't be entitled to help with childcare costs, as it needs to be both you and your OH who are working at least 16 hours each per week.. But it may be worth looking into it further to see if something could be done as your OH is at college?

Also, you would be entitled to working tax credit for working more than 24 hours per week, so maybe this could help towards childcare costs?

xx

^^^ wss

Its tough isn't it they dont make it easy for ppl trying to get on in life.

Only thing I can think of is OH applying for a student loan or bursery, how long is his course for?

xxxxxx

He has 1 year left but only 15 ish hours but because they spread it over 4 days it makes it hard. I cant work if it puts us in a situation where because of paying for child care we have less money we would never survive.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Can ur partner get help through college for childcare? I got mine paid for 100% when I was at college and dh was working. They usually have a limited 'pot' so u won't get any this year but should be able to apply for next year.

Otherwise you could ask the college if there's anyway your oh can be classed as 'fulltime' hours (16 I believe) it may mean doing an extra hour somewhere but some courses are flexible. That way you will be entitled to childcare help xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back