HELP REQUIRED! Rag curls ** UPDATED WITH PHOTO!!!**

little*red

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to do rag curls for your hair?
I have these instructions:
1. Wash your hair thoroughly.
2. COMB your hair to get all or the tangles out. Make sure your hair is still wet!
3. Get rags or an old t-shirt and cut them into strips, fairly small ones but long.
4. Get a small section of your hair and twist it. The sections do not have to be perfect. Make sure it is tight.
5.T hen get a one of the strips and put it horizontal. Roll that section of your hair down with the rag. Sort of into to a bun.
6. Then repeat until all of your hair is done.
7. After you are done sleep on it so it will be extra curly.
8. When you wake up take all of the rags out and you should have curls.
9. DO NOT BRUSH your hair!!! If you brush your hair it may make some of the curls go out. It also will make it extremely frizzy.
10. Done! You should have beautiful curly hair!

so i know the jist of what to do. HOWEVER i just dont get what they mean by wrap it around the rag? and do i tie the end of my hair to the rag and the top and then tie those two together?

Any help would be great, especially if someone could show me a photo of how the rags should look in your hair. I can't find any pictures anywhere on the internet.
Thanks ladies :D

i'm not entirely sure, but i think it means to twist a section of hair, then get your piece of rag, and from the end of your hair, twist the section round the rag until you get to your scalp - kind of like if you were putting a curler in your hair.

and yes, you will need to tie the 2 ends of the rag together to stop in falling out.

hope this makes sense :?

all sounds a bit complicated 4 me hun, just use your hair straighteners thats wat i do it looks gorgeous and takes about 15 mins

I do them differently - I put the rag along my finger, wrap the hair round my finger and the rag from the root to the end, sort of twisting it (like when you twiddle your hair), tie the rag and pull it off the finger.

I tried this once, I left them overnight and when I took them out I had on helluva good afro!

:rotfl:

I guess I did them up to tight?

Ok so i put the rag curls in my hair last night and slept on them.
OMG when i woke up this morning i looked like shirley fricking temple :shock: !!!
so i took some photos for you guys to get a good giggle :lol: .

This is my hair normally:
Photo-0044.jpg

And this is my hair this morning! (don't mind my scanky bra and au natural look :shock: i just woke up!)
Photo-0119.jpg
Photo-0120.jpg

lol, i didnt know whether to laugh or cry when i took the rags out :rotfl:

The best bit was that i was running late today, was supposed to get up at 7.45am and leave the house by 8.30am. i didn't wake up until 8.20am and had to get ready AND fix my hair! Just had to straighten it, its all frizzy and wavy , not so much sexy bed head as windswept in a hurricane look :lol:

little*red said:
lol, i didnt know whether to laugh or cry when i took the rags out :rotfl:

The best bit was that i was running late today, was supposed to get up at 7.45am and leave the house by 8.30am. i didn't wake up until 8.20am and had to get ready AND fix my hair! Just had to straighten it, its all frizzy and wavy , not so much sexy bed head as windswept in a hurricane look :lol:

its nice chick biut of hairspray it would of been fine :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back