Help! Really sore back!

SarahH

Reaction score
Hi!

Do any of you have really bad back ache? Mine is killing me, every now and then it makes what feels like a POP and then it's fine again.

It's bl**dy sore tho! :cry: Any advice on what I could try?

S. xx

Hi Sarah,

Poor you, having a back ache is sooooooooooo horrid, know exactly how you feel. Have you told your m/w yet? If not tell her and ask to be referred for some physio, it'll only get worse as your pregnancy progress's and your bump gets bigger.

You could try a support belt, it may help. I bought one and it just made my bump really hurt but i'm further along than you so that maybe that's why. The only other things I can suggest is taking it easy, not lifting things (esp.heavy things), bend at the knees (hard to do with a bump :?) have soaks in the tub with some lavender oil or relaxing bath soak and massages.

Also, at my parent craft class last week, a physio came in to talk to us and told us that when we're preggers we tend to lean back to compensate for the bump or stick out our pelvis, so try and avoid this, also they say try and stop yourself from waddling! and keep your back straight.

Do you have a gym ball? If not, I really recommend getting one (Argos sell them really cheaply) this really helps with bad backs and posture and is good in later stages to help move the babe down into your pelvis ready for labour.

Hope this helps and hope your back improves, but def. tell your m/w about it. My m/w should have referred me ages ago but didn't now i'm really suffering, I got a new m/w now and got my first physio sesh next week.

Take Care.

Nicki.x

I've been having problems with my back too but really only at night times.

My back and my hips get really sore during the night, so much so, it's painful to turn over. When I get up in the mornings I'm completely ceased up. This has been happening since about 16/17 weeks for me.

I'm OK in the day time, it does get a bit stiff and sore if I sit down for too long. It's best to keep mobile if you have a sore back.

You could try the various cushions that are around until you see your midwife.

I feel your pain!! :)

Mine is only at work on my work chair, people say your lower back will hurt but mine seems to be my coccyx (tailbone.... i am not sure thats how you spell it :oops: )

If you back is popping sarah it might be your pelvis, def tell you m/w.

hope you feel better xxxxxxxx

My is bloody killing me!!!

I've actually been to the doctors today and he said I have siatica (sp?) which is trapped nerve in the lower back. I occasionally get a shooting pain down one leg. The doctor gave me a life time supply of paracetamol. I have taken two this morning when I got them and they did help a bit, but I feel really bad for taking them, I know they're safe as long as you don't go over the recommended amount, but I feel really terrible! :?

The worst thing is that I work with kids and I'm constantly on the go, for the last few nights, I've just come home after work and cried!! I'm in absolute agony in the evening!!!
I'm also suppost to be at college tonight and I haven't gone as I just can't face it and wouldn't be able to concentrate.

Sorry for going on, I needed to vent, I don't know what to do with myself. I'm sat here on my setee with a hotwater bottle on my back which is helping a bit, has anyone else got any other suggestions??

Thanks for listening to me moan.

Thanks for your advice!

I think I'll make an appt with doctor / midwife this week? Mine is worse at night too. My husband thinks it could be siatica (sp??) as I sometimes get pins and needles in my left leg.

It's so annoying tho! I knew I'd get back ache when p[regnant but didnt think it would start this early or be this bad!!

S. xx

sounds like sciatica to me too hun see your doctor he can send you for physio but be prepared for a wait :( xxxxx

oh no... i feel sorry for you - back ache is a real nuisance...it's one of those pains you can't rub better!!! and gets you down.

I get mild back ache and hip ache when i lie down too long.. I find geting up and walking around for 5 mins helps loads.... in the middle of the night i'll go the loo, in the morning i'll go down and make a cupps... this seems to stretch the ligaments and works for me... or i lie on my back and bend my knees - fleet flat!!! that helps too!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back