help re pet insurance.

clairescunny55

Reaction score
who do you insure with? i've had a quote from argos for £11 pound a month, their best 'platinum' insurance. Pet plan is nearly £30 a month for near the same cover! how can it differ so much?

Read the small print and check the excess, cover etc

My dog is £27 a month with Tesco but thats because she's had cancer and various operations and shes 11. It did start at around £6!
We have to pay the first £60, which is annoying as you end up paying for all the little things. Shes not covered for flea treatment, worming, injections etc

Also if she has the same complaint within one year of treatment she is not covered.

Pet plan cover a huge range of services that others dont. I cant afford it myself and prefer tescos.

i work in the insurance sector of a HUGEE bank and its :shock: how much premiums can vary!

I never knew insurance for dogs was so much! :eek:

I only pay pet plan £9 a month for my cat

I've got 2 cats and insured them when we bought them with sainsburys who have a good policy. It cost £6.45 and £7.06, then on renewal went up to £7.52 and £8.07. Then when the last renewal came in they want to jump it up to something ridiculous like £15 and £20 can't quite remember exactly.

I've now switched to MoreThan who also have quite a good policy and it now costs £7.99 and £10.39.

Ive got 2 burmese cross cats who are now 2 1/2 years old, no problems or claims to date (touch wood)!

I really need to get my dog insured, its something I keep meaning to do but not get round to. I'm going to sort it by the end of the week cus if something was to happen we couldnt afford the vets now that we've got chester and bump.

We have Barney's through Tesco. I'm not sure how much it is now as it's gone up a fair bit as he is now 10. But they were cheaper than a lot of other places when we took it out.

We used to use Tesco and they were fantastic - we had to claim a few times and never had any problem

we use tescos for our dog.
Pet plan is the best but they are out pricing them selves.

we pay £8 a month for our 2 yr old rescue collie. i think that is the unlimited cover.

read the small print on the cheaper ones you will find that alot of them will only cover a condition for a year, i got caught out by this with my cat when he developed a heart condition they only paid up for 12 months so now i have to pay 18 pounds a month on top of the 10 pounds insurance an expensive mistake! I am with petplan as they do lifetime cover

My friend has her dog insured through Marks and Spencer. He has had health probs for a puppy, arthritis resulting in a £2,500 operation with £90 a week follow up bandage changes, to top it off the dog now has epilepsy so is on meds for that too. He is only 3 yrs old and she has got all the money back she has ever claimed, no questions asked, she says they are fab!

I have 2 cats and we've insured them with Tesco Pet Insurance for £12.90 for the two of them, not each and that is with the advanced policy. I looked into Pet Plan and was shocked as they were wanting about £50 a month for both cats and that was on the basic policy that didn't cover much!

Best advice is to look about! That is what we did.

x Naomi x said:
read the small print on the cheaper ones you will find that alot of them will only cover a condition for a year, i got caught out by this with my cat when he developed a heart condition they only paid up for 12 months so now i have to pay 18 pounds a month on top of the 10 pounds insurance an expensive mistake! I am with petplan as they do lifetime cover

That's why we're with pet plan even though they're the most expensive. OH has wanted to cancel it recently as we've not claimed once in the 5 years we've had it. I've told him no though as it's sods law that the cat would get ill if we canceled it!
Kane is also 8 soon and it gets hard to find anyone who will give a new policy to an 8 year old cat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back