tesco car insurance - check renewal quote!

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
I've been insured with tescos on my diddy 0.8litre car for 2 years now. And my insurance is due at the end of this month. I got my renewal quote through the post and was a bit shocked to see it had gone up - only by a £1 a month BUT that was with now having 2 years no claims and having been driving 2 years.

I went online and went through tescos to see what their online thing quoted me and it went from the £580 odd of the renewal quote to £326!!!

£250 more to renew than getting a new quote! HOW RIDICULOUS! In the end after a LONG phone call i got them to renew it for the online price but still!! How odd!

Yeh, so just a warning, check out what you can get online before accepting you're renewal!

:shock: :shock: :shock: Cheecky buggers! Honestly sometimes I think they get that greedy they rely on people not wanting the hassle of having to get new quotes! :x

Whoww! Thats way too much! My renewal for driving 1year was £317 last year it was £600 so they must of thought Ive suddenly got really good at driving this year! I'm with QuinnDirect.

yeh i had that with tescos lol, they were my first provider and my renewal from them was dearer than getting it online so i did it straight online.

I ALWAYS search for the cheapest EVERY year!!

Glad you got a cheaper deal

XX

this also happened to us with Marks & Spencer car insurance, in March we bought a new car so wanted the car insurance swapped to the new car, the old price was £300 per year, i'd done a few online quotes with M&S for the new car & they were coming out cheaper at £252,
anyway the lady on the phone said to renew it for the new car would be nearly £500 :shock: :shock: near enough double the online NEW quote :roll:
rdiculous :rotfl:

:shock: :shock:

I'm off to check mine - had it through yesterday.

Watch this space..................... :?

Thats unbelieveable!!! I always check with car insurance, and if you ring them and tell them you aren't happy with the quote - they sometimes knock a bit more off too :wink:

Moomum said:
hmmmm - it did come out cheaper, but not by much :?

?However, by checking www.insuresupermarket.com I found a MUCH better deal :cheer:

:cheer: :cheer:

I did check other places too but tescos in the end was cheapest.

It does bug me that places do that - try to offer a better deal to new customers! gggrrrrr

oh no please dont! :roll: :lol:

i work in car insurance the same company who underwrite tesco's and im effing SICK of these blimmin fone calls! :wall: :wall: :wall:

cant blame u tho! LOL

Its not just car insurance, its pet insurance too. I have been with Petprotect for 7 years and I have never claimed since being with them. They charged me £170 a year.

When I went online, Petprotect quoted me £101.56 for the same insurance. Just under £70 more a year to renew than getting a new quote!

When I rang them up, they said we can't give you the cheaper quote as I am not a new customer. I told them to cancel my insurance straight away and give me the cheaper quote. The operator said no! So I said cancel it and I go elsewhere, and they did. MORAL: They rather lose genuine customers.

A few days later I had a letter from them saying we are sorry to see me go and if I need further help in future don't hestitate to call back.

Its a JOKE. :x

god thats really stupid, im with tescos too so i will defently check next time

My pet insurance with Marks & Spencer went from about £7 a month to £15 a month last renewal! For 1 cat who has had no problems, is only 5 years old and who we've never claimed for! I moved to Tesco fir £6 a month :roll: :D

This happened to me too i couldnt believe it.

I think all insurance is like this. I don't have a car but my mum changes her insurers every year to get better deals.

For house insurance, the best deal I can find is one year with Tesco, the next year with DirectLine and repeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back