HELP! potty to toilet?

kadesmummy

Reaction score
Kade will be starting pre-nursery in Jan.

He's so comfortable with the potty i haven't been pushing the going on the toilet issue, the couple of times i've suggested it, he's freaked out.. so i just stuck to the potty. He pees and poos no problems in it - and has even started asking to use it during the night - so i'm quite pleased as his pull-ups are usually dry in the morning now and we haven't had any kind of accident for 6/7 months =]..

I just ordered the thomas training toilet seat and stepping stool from mothercare and plan to make a big hoohah when they get here like 'oooh look at your lovely new big boy toilet stuff' etc.

Any tips to make it easier to transition from potty to toilet? or should i just take the potty out of the situation totally, explain what's happening, and let him help me chuck it in the bin.. and if he needs to go, he'll need to go on the toilet? :(

help.. i have till Jan.

xx

I would keep the 'hoo ha' to a minimum when the new step/seat arrive, some kids respond great to the excitement. others seem to sense something's about to change and get defensive.
Maybe start (you may already do this) getting him to help tip his wee and poo into the toilet after he's used the potty, so he knows this is where it should be anyway and keep the potty in the toilet so he's gradually used to going there to do his business.
When the seat and step arrive just say 'oh look, no more potty, new seat' get him to bin the potty and don't mention the potty again-out of sight, out of mind-I feel this is the quickest way to get over things at their age.
I'm sure someone will come along with better advice- that's what's great about this forum!

hiya.

i've got a bit of a problem with my boy and wondered if u might be able to help me

he has an issue with going for a poo on the toilet and will only poo in a nappy.

it sounds a bit weird but i let him come to the toilet with me when i need to go just to show him its not as bad as he thinks but he just won't do it

what would u or anyone else suggest to do?

are u sure they havent got pottys at nursery my daughters have

mary70 said:
are u sure they havent got pottys at nursery my daughters have

I agree, my sons nursery have a whole range of toilet equipment from your basic potty to chair-style potty and also proper little people toilets so that the kids can use whichever one they feel comfortable with. You will probably find anyway that once he is in nursery around other kids using the toilet, he will just start to use it without much fuss because he sees everyone else do it. We have never encouraged my son to use the toilet as we didnt want to disrupt his good habits on the potty, but now he prefers the toilet to his potty. I know it is something he has learnt from nursery, as we havent done it, but its great for us :D

:hug: :hug: :hug:

He won't go for a poo in nursery he wait until he comes home so he can do it in a nappy, he did however the other day poo in a nappy took the nappy off and put the poo down the toilet so perhaps there could be a little progress going on there i don't know! :think: :? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back