Help pls

lealea85

Reaction score
I've got my ball blown up, got my raspberry leaf tea n clary sage oil on standby......but how do you get baby to engage?

How long does it take to get baby to engage when bouncing on the ball?
Walking is agonising after 20 mins.
I just want as many tips as possible.

No matter how simple or weird.

What worked or think worked for you?

Have you tried the ball yet Lea? I found sitting and bouncing really comfy in front of the tely, better than the sofa.

I only ever got to 3/5ths engaged by 38 weeks and then at 39 weeks wasn't engaged at all apparently, but Devon was not a first baby, where they say it enagages earlier I believe.

Will your SPD be ok with the ball sitting, start with a few mins a day and build up slowly

Ive been bouncing on the ball n rolling side to side. Feels great until I get off of it but I'm willing to suffer if Its gonna benefit me in order to get him out lol

But I feel like I'm doing something wrong cos my bump is still kinda high up. I can breath alot better so I'm hoping he has shifted down a bit.

Baby will engage this week for you Hun, mine did. You go for walks and gently bounce on that ball. Cajbes re babes head is already down there. All those contractions you have been having would have really urged the baby to get into position.x

He has been head down for about 4 weeks now n hasn't moved (happy about that too).
I'm not allowed to go anywhere as mum is n panic mode cos of me being in hospital so the only walking I get is round the flat n still then I get told to sit down......I'm pretty much just got my ball as my only option/friend.

Did u just walk? Or did baba just engage n that was it?

He has been head down for about 4 weeks now n hasn't moved (happy about that too).
I'm not allowed to go anywhere as mum is n panic mode cos of me being in hospital so the only walking I get is round the flat n still then I get told to sit down......I'm pretty much just got my ball as my only option/friend.

Did u just walk? Or did baba just engage n that was it?

Well at my midwife appointment last Thursday i was told tht she wasn't sure which way up baby was and that nothing was jn my pelvis yet. Roll on Monday and all those contractions and midwife at hospital confirms baby is head down and well in my pelvis!

So I didn't really do much but roll about on my ball for a little bit. They do say that baby will engage around the 34th week, so baby might be heading down there for you niw. Dot forget that babe might not engage until you go into labour though.x

at your next midwife appointment she should mention engagement, if not the one after that (Mine was at 37 weeks that she told me she was 1/5 engaged which means only 1/5 of the head could be felt as far as i understand it) and i just did the usual bouncing in front of the tv etc! x

at your next midwife appointment she should mention engagement, if not the one after that (Mine was at 37 weeks that she told me she was 1/5 engaged which means only 1/5 of the head could be felt as far as i understand it) and i just did the usual bouncing in front of the tv etc! x

Doesn't 1/5 mean fully engaged?!!

My little had been head down and free until my 36 week appointment yesterday when MW told me he/she was 3/5 engaged so she could feel 3/5 of bubbas head. I sit on my ball for at least 30 mins every day, but up until recently had been too scared to bounce on it as I thought it was only advisable to do that when you are in labour, lol. I have now added pelvic tilts and hip circles to my ball sessions and tend to be on it most evenings now.

My midwife last night said I wasn't engaged at all, and I bounce pretty much every night...

She's rubbish though, so maybe I actually am!

Just tilting the pelvis back and forth in a rocking motion.

Ooh ok thank you. Gonna try that now.
Does the ball need to be rock hard? Mines a Lil bit soft

You need to make sure your hips are higher than your knees.

Doesn't 1/5 mean fully engaged?!!

yep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back