• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

help please?

Krystal

Reaction score
Hiya,

Jack has had a temperature since yesterday, it went with a little calpol. Today he has been the same, we gave him calpol earlier this morning and just a moment ago as his temp gone back up again. He has a chesty cough and runny nose.

I lost my digital thermometer though so although I know he feels really hot I don't know how hot :wall: I don't know what to do :cry: He's cooling down now.

I have put him in his baby gro but no vest and not going to put him in his pod tonight will just put thin blaket over to keep him cool. Is this the right thing or will this make his cold/flu even worse?

Will he be ok like that?

sorry hope it makes sense i'm just worried :-(

he's teething (top 4!) too so I dont know if that makes a difference?

Thanks

Ellies had a temp for the past couple of weeks and we've found that stripping her to just her nappy really brings it down, also just been putting her in bed in just a vest & socks and blanket (which she usually kicks off) cos if she weats anymore her temp rockets. When its got really high we've sponged her down with luke warm water, that also really helps to cool them down.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks Jo.. he's in bed now so going to keep checking on him and see how he goes.

Hope Ellie is ok, I hate it when they are ill :(

We've found that ibuprofen works better on high temps for Lucy, gets it down quicker and for longer. Perhaps try that?

The blanket sounds about right, if he starts to keep his temp down longer then you can always put another blanket on later.

Hope he gets better soon! :hug:

Ryan is the same at the minute, we're just giving him Calpol every 4 hours and lots of water.

I wish I could make it better for him, it's horrible when they're poorly and you can't do much to help :(

Hope Jack gets better soon :hug:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
Thanks Jo.. he's in bed now so going to keep checking on him and see how he goes.

Hope Ellie is ok, I hate it when they are ill :(

No still got high temp :? goin back to docs this week... i think its due to teething but my GP seems to think its too high for teething. Will let ya know how we get on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back