chesty

*Star*

Reaction score
oliver is pretty chesty. he started with a cough yesterday, and now today he's been really clingy and wingey.

when he breathes you can hear it catching in his chest/throat.

should i just keep him dosed up with calpol and cough medicine and see how he goes over the next couple of days?

Does he have a temperature Star?

If he does, I'd call NHS24 now, as a chest infection can take hold really quickly!

If he hasn't, I'd be inclined to keep his fluids up, dose him on calpol/calprofen and juat keep a close eye on him.

If he is really really crackly, go and sit in the bathroom with him, with all the hot taps/shower on and let it get really steamy! Stay in for 10-20 mins. It'll help the phlegm break down and ease his lungs a bit. Oh, and you get a steam facial at the same time!

nope no temp to speak off, but ive given him calpol and that might be keeping it down.

i really couldn't cope with the humidity in the bathroom with him. if he wakes up with it during the night, then i'll get OH to go in with him.

he's slept a lot today, and he's gone to bed now. hopefully a good nights sleep will help. if not ill try and get him into the clinic tomorrow and get checked out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back