• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

help please xx

rainbow dancer

Reaction score
sorry in advance ill try to keep this short but want you to know all the details!! Lucy is 16 weeks on sunday (was 2 weeks overdue) was 10lb at birth and is now 17lb 1oz. she is entirely formula feed (has cows milk protein intolerance so on neocate lcp), she generally has 6 bottles in one day usually 150mls apart from first and last feed which are both 180mls. ive been very lucky and that she has slept 10 hrs at night but she is waking at 300 and has 180mls. ive tried to increase amounts but she isnt finishing all bottles. also tried adding extra feeds but that doesnt work. she is sooo grumpy at the moment crying in pushchair, in car mostly but seems happy enougfh when kept busy. she dribbles alot and chews her fist!! although has done this since birth really. peeing and poohs all seem fine and no sign of teeth. we have a new car seat which we are going to try out to see if that makes a difference although we have moved her from front to back seat as our new car doesnt have switch for air bag. just wondering if anyw=one has advise wether she is being clingy or growth spurt or hungry soz im just at a lossreally xx

Could be a growth spurt? I'm thinking this as she's started to wake for extra milk.

Grumpiness i the car could be that she's used to being next to you in the front and could see you. Now she's in the back she wont be able to see you. Do you have some car toys?

:)

thanks charliebear yeah i do have toys but may invest in some new ones maybe will keep her happy? heres hoping . yeah hoping is growth spurt its funny how tired you get when used to sleeping through he he xx

yeah i wud be thinking growth spurts and maybe just getting ready for solids also :) as for car she prob just being a madame lol but yeah some car toys prob only thing u can try xx

Sophia's the same age and is being like that (although breastfed). We think she's teething, even though we can't see any. Plus Matt and I are feeling pretty crappy, so she might be too. Gave her calpol and teething ring 10 mins ago and she's already doing better.

Hm, spoke too soon!

Last edited:
Hey hun u also think Lucy may be teething as she trys to chew everything !! Got her some new teething toys today also new teddie s for car. My hubbie has been naughty and bought her a DVD player for car so she can watch the wiggle s. Worth a try I suppose (some may disagree) but I start to get really upset with her crying. Hope your lo settles soon. Lucy loves teething gel too trys to eat my fingers when I put it on her gums lol xx

Eva went mad in her car seat at exactly the same age, it was awful. She once screamed from Bournemouth - Warwickshire. Three hours. Non. Stop. Hysterical. Screaming. Urgh. We realised that she had gotten too big fr the headrest thing in it, we took it out and she was a bit wingey in it for a few more days (habit i think) and is now absolutely fine in it - doesn't cry at all. I don't know what car seat you have but if it's padded out at all, might be worth looking at making it more roomy? If that doesn't help or isn't relevant, just ignore me :) x

thanks bethanyann. ive put her old car seat back in as she fell asleep the other day in the new one and her head was not very well supported (the seat doesnt recline back so well even thought its designed for rear facing) so going to persevere for now. have put new toys in etc she still gets really unhappy now and again but slowly better but will remove the padding in the new one as shewill be too big for it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back