Help people who have been or know Spain

Krystal

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

well I would like to book a holiday and love Spain, prob is I am terrified of flying so I can't get on a plane and with LO in tow the bus doesn't seem like an attractive option.

I can get a ferry which is better option for LO to Bilbao in Northern Spain, so question is.. is Bilbao good for family fun or is there a place close to Bilbao that will be good?

I'd like a nice beach to relax on and some good family places for evenings and somewhere which is good for us to go and explore also (shops would be a bonus :wink: )

Spains pretty family orientated... You are expected to keep your kids with you in bars and restaurants.. There is also beaches up there... but it's cold this time of year... and even in Summer it won't get as hot as it does down here... Its very much like the south of France...

Squiglet said:
Spains pretty family orientated... You are expected to keep your kids with you in bars and restaurants.. There is also beaches up there... but it's cold this time of year... and even in Summer it won't get as hot as it does down here... Its very much like the south of France...

thats a good thing with a near 1 year old :D (about the weather I mean)

Were swaying between Northern Spain or going on a cruise around the Med. :? It's so hard trying to think whats best with LO in tow. Has to be around Spain though cos I love it :cheer:

We cruised the med in summer on the Disney boat... they will basically take your child from you and you won't see it again... :rotfl: And that's because your child doesn't want to see you.. :rotfl: If you have the money to go on a Disney cruise I would highly recommend it for anyone with kids... they are fab... and you kids are well cared for but best of all they love it.. :) Tia cried when she left this time. :(

Squiglet said:
We cruised the med in summer on the Disney boat... they will basically take your child from you and you won't see it again... :rotfl: And that's because your child doesn't want to see you.. :rotfl: If you have the money to go on a Disney cruise I would highly recommend it for anyone with kids... they are fab... and you kids are well cared for but best of all they love it.. :) Tia cried when she left this time. :(
ooo i didnt know they did a disney cruise in the med, will have a look, he'll be under 1 though so it's prob best when they are a little older so they can do activities, plus I dont fly and I dont think it sails from UK :think:

I'd love it though :lol:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
Squiglet said:
ooo i didnt know they did a disney cruise in the med, will have a look, he'll be under 1 though so it's prob best when they are a little older so they can do activities, plus I dont fly and I dont think it sails from UK :think:

I'd love it though :lol:

Oh no they have Flounder's Reef for the little little ones... I think they can go in from 6 weeks or 6 months or something. :think:

Although the best time to take them is 3/5 years where Disney is still magic.. :) but they are old enough to express their feelings about the whole thing.

It sails from Barcelona. You could go to Bilboa and get a train from there... Spanish trains are really nice.. :)

I was thinking about a train but was quite worried as my spanish is limited to hello, how are you my name is *** where is the beach? :lol:

gonna hopefully book holiday in next week or so :cheer: so we'll see, oooh i can't wait, feels like I haven't had a proper hol in ageeeeeees

Sweetcheeks24 said:
I was thinking about a train but was quite worried as my spanish is limited to hello, how are you my name is *** where is the beach? :lol:

gonna hopefully book holiday in next week or so :cheer: so we'll see, oooh i can't wait, feels like I haven't had a proper hol in ageeeeeees

Its terribly sad to say, but English is quite widely spoken here... especially in tourist areas. As its a universal language... ie. all the other countries learn English in schools so while one person may not speak Russian and the other may not speak Danish, they both speak English so that's the language they communicate in.

Kids here learn English at 6 years old in school (although the Basque region is slightly different :think: its still under government control.) and it's only really in the small, more isolated areas where people can't really speak much English (or Spanish apparently :roll: )

We went round northern Spain for our honeymoon. Tarragona (on the north coast) was really nice, and we went there on the train from Bilbao. I really want to go back at some point, it was so lovely. Spanish trains are really nice and very organised. Best to book in advance though, but there is a website (can't remember what it is but just google it).
xx

kmac said:
We went round northern Spain for our honeymoon. Tarragona (on the north coast) was really nice, and we went there on the train from Bilbao. I really want to go back at some point, it was so lovely. Spanish trains are really nice and very organised. Best to book in advance though, but there is a website (can't remember what it is but just google it).
xx

thanks.. I'll have a look for website.. wonder how long it is from Bilbao to Barcelona by train? :think:

I don't know. We didn't go directly, as we stopped off at different places and did a loop round. You could always have one night somewhere else? It's a really lovely place. We booked random hotels on the internet and they were all excellent. If you're organised in advance then it's really easy, and even if you have to travel a bit it doesn't seem that bad. But then I quite like looking at the scenery going by from a train! I suppose it depends what your cup of tea is! :)

Also I didn't have any small children to consider!

i'd enjoy it, stopping at places prob a good idea travelling with a <1 yr old :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back