Help - MY CLOTHES KEEP GETTING SHRUNK =/

kadesmummy

Reaction score
We moved into this house 3 years ago, and because of neighbours etc, we can't hang clothes outside on the line to dry..so we use the tumble dryer.. but everything seems to shrink =/

any tips on drying the clothes at all that could help?

Clothes only last me like a month max before i need to buy new ones and it's stressing me out.

I suck =[ lmao.

EDIT - We don't hang our clothes outside because the neighbours children can't understand the concept of 'this isn't your garden', 'STOP TAKING OUR STUFF' and 'can you take your hands off that, i've just washed it!' basically.. whatever you leave outside will be stolen, broken or messed up.

xx

Sounds like its too hot or they are in too long. Most clothes should be fine in a tumble dryer so long as the label states so. But leaving them in too long or having it too hot can cause them to shrink.

I'd be inclined to try to dry them out somehow outside if you can, even if on an airer that you can fold away after. Then finish them off in the tumble.

If you do tumble dry make sure you don't overfill it, or put clothes of vastly different thickness in (so the thick stuff takes longer to dry etc). Try to have similar things in.

yeah as sherlock said sounds like the dryers too hot or in for too long.out of nosiness why cant you dry them outside?

i hardly use the dryer for that very reason. i use an airer if it is raining outside

I buy really big clothes then its like you meant to shrink them LOL so you did it on purpose! Maybe thats just my twisted logic and at 5foot nothing I have to shrink all my clothes so they fit anyway!

helsekia said:
yeah as sherlock said sounds like the dryers too hot or in for too long.out of nosiness why cant you dry them outside?

I want to know also.

I put them mine on an airer in the morning then will tumble dry in the evening when it's raining. I always put them outside when I can.

helsekia said:

nosey parker lol seriously....i wanna know too :rotfl:

I use a clothes horse if it's raining outside, and just put undies and socks and some of Angel bits in the tumble dryer. More cost effective as i cannot afford to run the tumble dryer too much and i find we always run out of socks and pants if i hang them on the clothes horse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back