HELP ME!

soverign

Reaction score
My little one has been screaming at the top of his lungs since 8am this morning. I cant seem to do anything to stop him. I have fed and changed him numerous times. I have carried him round the house in his carrier for a while. He has been winded and cuddled. I'm all out of ideas, I'm stressed out and very tired. I was supposed to be going into town to get some paperwork sorted out today and I haven't even managed that. I haven't even eaten a single thing so far. All I have managed to do is go for a wee and the rest of my time has been spent trying to calm him... HELP!

poor you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

have you got a car that you could take him for a drive in? or try taking him out in his pram?

if it gets too much, leave him safely in another room and take 5 minutes to gather your thoughts. its so tiring when they're like that.

Hi hun, I don't have a car no. I haved tried pushing him round the house in his pram but that didn't seem to do anything. I took him out in the garden for some fresh air to see if that helped but no such luck! He was quite sicky this morning and I am wondering if that has something to do with it. He almost brought a whole bottle back up.

has he got a dummy? when james was colicy the only thing that remotely made a difference was sucking on a dummy.

id be tempted to call the hv for advice if he's been sicky too and its out of character to be on the safe side.

make sure you eat, its really hard to focus on anything else when ur babys crying, but you still have to look after yourself :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

He has a dummy but keeps spitting it out. It normally works when he wont settle. I have been trying to contact the HV but I just keep getting told by the receptionist that she will pass the message onto her and she will be in touch. They don't seem to give one! She's only seen me once before and she didn't seem to have a clue what she was talking about! :wall:

I think I would try a nice warm bath or a drink of cooled boiled water.

Do you think you LO is in pain? If so I would call NHS 24 for advice. I don't want to scare you but maybe they have a wee sore ear or something.

Let us know how you are getting on, and remember there is always someone here to have a wee chat to. xxx

I would say it might be colics or reflux (but, with both of those they can be settled for a while). But, for sure id ring NHS direct! Especially if he thrown up almoust the whole bottle. And if he is sreaming non stop-somethign is hurting him.

Hope he will be fine pretty soon :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Thankyou ladies. He has just dropped off to sleep now. Probably wore himself out with all the crying. I gave him a small amount of cooled - boiled water. I don't know if that made any difference to him or not! If he is like this again tomorrow then I will phone the NHS direct.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I would just go straight down to your GP and see them, your HV SHOULD have got back in touch with you :x
I really hope he's all better for you now, but please go see someone about him, and if there's anyone who can watch him for you for a little while to give you a break, give him to them and get a bite to eat and some away time, it will help no end :hug: :hug: :hug:
Sending very best wishes, keep us updated :hug: :puke: :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back