2 steps forward and 20 back!!!

leannesxb

Reaction score
Had 40 mins leep last night cos AJ wouldn't settle and he has screamed again all day. I am actually starting to think its me now cos he was getting better I thought but obviously isn't. I am so knackered the OH was at work all day so haven't been able to sleep today and had to even sterilise and make up his bottles with him in one arm. I am exhausted, drained emotionally and physically and feeling really depressed now. I haven't eaten today apart from one roll and have only managed to pee once today. Hes still at it now. Its all too much.

:hug: didn't wanna read and run hunny. Hope he settles for u soon and u get some well deserved sleep xxxx

Awww... Big hugs to you. It can be so tough when you are home alone with the LO. Really hope you get some rest tonight. Is your OH home tomorrow to help so you can get some rest? Xx

Aw sweetheart!!

I know how tough it is, you poor love. Just when you think you have it cracked they throw another spanner in the works.

I'm getting tired of the 'it gets easier' comments as well, I'm sure it does but at this very moment it's getting harder for me to deal with due to the exhaustion.

I hope your OH is helping you out tonight x

I have no idea how you ladies are coping and you deserve a medal. I wish I could help, are the doctors just telling you it's colic causing the crying?

aww hun i wish i could come and take him for you for a bit, im sure its not you. i wish i could offer some suggestion to help but ive seen your other threads and frankly im all out of ideas. maybe take him the emergency docs tomorrow if hes still screaming as im sure there must be something wrong if hes that upset all the time. i hope your OH is helping you out tonight and tomorrow x

Big hugs Hun. Really hope things ease up for you. Is there anyone that could come over to give you a break? Even if it's for a hour or two?xx

Oh no, really wish I could help you out hun :hugs: can you go back to docs?

Hope oh can help you out tonight to get some sleep!

Xx

Awww :hugs:

What a nightmare you've been going thro recently! I agree there must be something underlying for the crying to be so much. My LO has been the same, he's cried for days on end, I cry too, its very very hard, its been 6 months now & its got better over the last 2 months i'd say. the only reason ppl say it gets better is coz it does, its a natural progression that LO's dont cry all the time, the strength from that is you know it will come to an end. It doesn't make it any easier when LO is crying, but just block it out, its only a sound. You dont have to be upset coz LO is upset, most babies cry alot, for hours on end, but there gets to a point where you know its something else. You need to learn to let LO cry, I know its so so difficult, I have to leave my LO to cry because I have an older LO to look after & I cant literally spend all my time attending to his crys, he never cries for long & if he is left to cry I just make sure I have the baby monitor down low & pop in every 5/10 mins so he knows im still about. You need to make time for yourself or you could end up with PND. please start looking after yourself!!

xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx

I cut all his meds yesterday evening apart from gaviscon and infacol. I managed to get him to settle around 11pm and had to sleep with him on me but he did stay there till 3:30am. The oh is at work again today and I was going to my mums today. I phoned her last night in tears saying I couln't go cos it wasn't fair on everyone (my brother and sil and kids are going too). My stepdad phoned me back and told me off he said I need a break and there was enough of us there to help so I just need to try and relax and let someone else deal with him when he is crying. I am hopig for a bit of a better day but who knows! Got hv tomorrow and pediatrician tues and gp wed so I am going to stop playing the I'm coping and strong card and tell how bad things are. I have never been one for anti depressants etc but I think things are going down the pnd route. I was offered them once y the gp to help my muscles relax with the arthritis but I refused them. Maybe I could kill 2 birds with one stone?

Get your lovely boy over to your rellies and let them help out. They are your family and they love you and like your step dad says there are enough of them to deal with him for a while - better they do a 20 min stint each with him screaming than you have him doing it on your own for 3 hours! I think you are right about the professionals as well, let them know and see what help they can offer. Big hugs. xxx

That's what I do :) I've been on my own since day one so I just let people take him off me!! It really does help Hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back