HELP! Is this my show?! **Gross but updated with pic on 1st post!**

Leanne&Bump

Reaction score
Im confused! When i wiped earlier there was a clear jelly like substance on the toilet paper. Thing is i inserted an EPO last night and wondering if it was the contents of that left behind coming out... When i had a closer inspection down there theres loads of it coming out
icon_e_confused.gif
Tmi i know but i dont know wether its from the epo tab or it actually my show! Any ideas!?

I have been getting quite crampy but ive been walking all morning around the city centre so maybe thats why im a bit crampy?

UPDATED!!!

This is gross but i need to know what this stuff is! Is this discharge?!

IMGP0139.jpg

Last edited:
Was it the first time you used the EPO? It sounds like your plug to me. They can come away over weeks and re form so it doesnt mean anything is immanent. It might be that the EPO has started to soften your cervix nicely which may result in your plug starting to loosen :)

Your body definitely sounds to be getting ready :)

It was the first time id shoved one up there last night! lol. Its just clear jelly like stuff but loads... I thought it could of been from the evening primrose oil though.. hmmm! Will have to wait and see what happens!

could be the part dissolved capsule thingy maybe. Either way I wouldnt worry too much :)

It wasnt the capsule coming out. i just thought maybe the liquid that came out of the capsule could go into a jelly substance?!

Hopefully something will happen soon :yay:

You usually get like a little oil slick in the loo when you go for a wee first thing in the morning! I used it last time and that was the only thing I noticed. The capsule thing seemed to completely dissolve. It sounds like your plug breaking up rather than your show. I think my plug started going about 37/38 weeks last time. :)

Ok, I read this thread earlier then went to the Abbreviations page to check out what EPO was, when I saw that EPO in the explanations was Evening Primrose Oil I shrugged and thought 'that can't be what they're on about' and left it at that..now I read it again and see that that is exactly what you meant. You will have to forgive my ignorance but why would you put EPO up 'there'? :lol:

You usually get like a little oil slick in the loo when you go for a wee first thing in the morning! I used it last time and that was the only thing I noticed. The capsule thing seemed to completely dissolve. It sounds like your plug breaking up rather than your show. I think my plug started going about 37/38 weeks last time. :)

Yeah i noticed some oily stuff when i got up for a wee but this was different! Maybe it did do something then! :)

Ok whats the different between your plug and show aint they the same? lol God im so thick sometimes! What does it mean if my plug has broken up? :oooo:

Your plug is the mucus seal that protects your cervix - plugs it from infection etc. The show can include your plug but it often called a 'bloody show' and is a bit more of an indication of labour being imminent. The plug can come away in bits and is generally very snotty - like a big bogie and may be a bit streaky with blood. The show is more bloody.

Last edited:
Oh and the plug can reform it's self. When I started with the EPO my plug started to break up. :)

Oh and the plug can reform it's self. When I started with the EPO my plug started to break up. :)

Get you!!! Deffo no blood in it! When did you go into labour last time after your plug started to break up? Can it still be weeks away? Do you think i should carry on using the epo or should i be careful now just incase i get an infection!

Carry on would be my advice - I didnt go in to labour till the day after I was due and it was breaking up for weeks but you could be different. I can tell you that I was 2cm and my cervix was soft and favourable when I was examined 10 days before I was due and I put that down to the EPO. I do think it's worth using it :)

Thank you! :) Will insert another tonight then! The stuff that i could pull out was horrible though it put me off but if its working ill keep inserting! Hopefully it wont be full of mucusy crap when i get examined by my midwife! haha!

I didn't know about evening primrose oil being able to do that.. Learn something new everyday.. Sounds like something is happening anyway hun :)

Oooo how exciting!!! Soon have your baby boy in your arms!! Good luck over the next couple of weeks babe!

Blimey I had no idea what you lot were all talking about, and now glad you explained all that!
Teach me to never have any labour! (had to have planned sections due to previous ops) so would have no clue if went into labour by myself!

Good luck over the next few weeks Leanne

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back